This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F You Mother Nature I'm not sure what season it is 2018

Yeah I know we have not had one of these thread in a while but this just sucks.

Mother Nature has been on a rampage for the last 3 months here in Cheeseheadland Central.

March was kinda normal. Then in sweeps April with just a bit of snow at the beginning of the month ----- THEN we get hit, mid month, with a 2 day blizzard and 2 feet of snow.

Then typical April weather takes over -- Ya know 60 - 65F mixed in with some rain. It takes exactly 9 days at my house for all that snow to completely melt (yes I have pics with time stamps). OK moderate/normal end of April/beginning of May weather for the next 3 weeks.

Late last week our temps hit mid 80's and the last 4 days the highs have been in the low 90'sF NOT normal weather for the end of MAY.

Today my weather app reported the high temp as 96F and the weather guy on TV confirmed that. Tomorrow the temps are going well into the upper 90's again. YES 96F'ing degrees when the normal high is usually mid to upper 60's with nighttime low still in the upper 40's low 50's. I have had to put my A/C unit in my window about 6 weeks early and that sucks.

HEY Mother Nature PLEASE PLEASE take your medication damn it.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 05-27-2018, 11:52 PM. Reason: can't type
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

There's a reason it's usually pronounced "Mutha..."
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

90s in Wisconsin in may? Why not. Hurricane season started a week early. Hello Alberto!

Gulf coast folks, please check in.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

We're getting the hot muggy weather here now as well ...

I'm going to give up on the fans and get that a/c installed soon.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Honestly I think sometimes Mother Natures just like a to change a few things up a bit, like someone challenged her to make the weather different. Or one of those "hold my beer" type things. And, honestly, after the winter months down here in the southern states [First time in YEARS I've had an electric bill over $150 in the winter], I really shouldn't be surprised anymore.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Sydney at the moment is currently a cool 22C.

It's not raining, but it's definitely cold!

It could be worse though - mid-July last year, temperatures at an event dropped down to -4C overnight. It then became hilarious the next morning when I got up, went out to check on stuff and found the car windshield was covered in a thick layer of frost except for this perfect circle around the card reader on the windshield near the door (we're part of a car sharing scheme and use that whenever we need to!)

Comment

Not quite Gulf Coast anymore, but directly in the path of the storm nonetheless (northern MS) -- We were expecting day-long major thunderstorms today, but all we got were a few grey clouds. Not much else going on. Yet.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We had a looong winter. In mid-April it snowed - not hard, but it just wouldn't stop coming down. Didn't get much accumulation, just cold temps and wind. Then it was May, and it was liked someone flipped a switch. Trees that had tiny little buds you could hardly see suddenly had leaves as big as my hand. Getting temps in the 80s. I love summer, but unfortunately the older I get, the less I can handle the humidity
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

F*ck humidity. Right in the butt.

It's finally started turning into summer here. Last week we were hitting low-mid 100's. It'll be a bit cooler this week, high 90's to low 100's. Today, officially, it was 92. Pretty nice, really.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Not quite Gulf Coast anymore, but directly in the path of the storm nonetheless (northern MS) -- We were expecting day-long major thunderstorms today, but all we got were a few grey clouds. Not much else going on. Yet.
                    The bad thing is is that we were "supposed" to have some heavy rain come through Fri and Sat nights. So I held off watering my garden. well that was a bust. my area got a few sprinkles and nothing more. there was a heavy storm that was about 15 - 20 miles west of here and that storm was only literally 1 - 2 miles round.

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                    Honestly I think sometimes Mother Natures just like a to change a few things up a bit, like someone challenged her to make the weather different. Or one of those "hold my beer" type things. And, honestly, after the winter months down here in the southern states [First time in YEARS I've had an electric bill over $150 in the winter], I really shouldn't be surprised anymore.
                    here our "winter" was up and down temp and weather wise. a little while cold a little while warm OK let's throw some snow at them then a little rain. OK NOW let's give them a few with sub zero temps nothing consistant. Yeah MN was definitely doing the bi-polar "here hold my beer" type things and has NOT quit yet.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    We had a looong winter. In mid-April it snowed - not hard, but it just wouldn't stop coming down. Didn't get much accumulation, just cold temps and wind. Then it was May, and it was liked someone flipped a switch. Trees that had tiny little buds you could hardly see suddenly had leaves as big as my hand. Getting temps in the 80s. I love summer, but unfortunately the older I get, the less I can handle the humidity
                    Same with me March was kinda mild and I was looking forward to getting started on my front lawn garden in early April. My perenials were coming up nicely and they got about 6 inches of growth. Then April hit and I really got worried with the low temps and the two bouts of snow and cold.

Yeah I can handle the heat and humidity as I get older BUT each year regardless of my age I like to acclimate to it through the "normal" progression of the seasons. This is one of those years of "winter???" what "winter??" then full blown summer weather with no real transition.

Gotta love Bleeding Hearts. I have found they just survive almost anything -- lots of sub-zero cold for long periods, continuous snow and cold rain.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                      F*ck humidity. Right in the butt.
                      I hear ya! Sydney ends up like that in summer!

Comment

It's going to be 96 here today in the Midwest. Another day or two of low 90's and then goes into the 80's. I loved it as a decade but not for late May/early June. And yes, with you all there on the humidity.
                        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

The weather in Charlottesville has always been volatile, as per the classic line "if you don't like the weather, wait 20 minutes". It also seems to be exceptionally hard for the forecasters to get right.

But the last few years, it's occasionally drifted into "Hello Mother Nature! Go home, you're drunk!"

Comment

Before work I had to run to a town about a half hour away from where I live. The car thermometer said 98.

Back home, and at work, and the bank next door says 95.

I'm not complaining one bit, because I totally hate winter, and it's getting worse as I get older.
                            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Yeah, 96 F here right now. Mother Nature menopausal, or something?

Wonder what July and August are going to be like . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X