This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...ds/142151.aspx

The live flood warning map looks more like a child's colouring in book... Am very surprised our emergency planning staff haven't been in touch.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Red warning for wind now across the west of the UK. Amber for the rest in the rest.

We just had a powwr cut at work. It was back quickly but since our toilets need power to work (pumps rainwater from tanks) if it goes on for too long they have to send people home, and I'm only paid hourly.

I am worried that the effects of the new English inland sea might herald something nasty and waterbourne like cholera or dysentery...
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
        I am worried that the effects of the new English inland sea might herald something nasty and waterbourne like cholera or dysentery...
        Unlikely. Those sorts of things only present a problem when there's a collapse of the healthcare system too, which hasn't happened

Comment

Great. Water upstream from here has just matched 2007 levels, oh and there's potential for it to rise further. My guestimate is that it'll take 24-48hrs to get downstream to here.

Comment

OKish where I live- there's some flooding on a river that runs not that far from where I live ( specifically, go down to one end of the road I live on, and you are on the road built above a river that has a flood alert on it. still, i doubt we'll get flooded, since the river runs underground where I live.
            Last edited by sstabeler; 02-13-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Local severe warning (threat to life). Local, but no threat to me here.

Comment

Stay safe all.Next storm's on its way tomorrow. I advise not having a nice romantic Valentine's walk down the beach....
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

No picnics on the riverbank either.

Comment

And no taking photos of your loved one or kiddies in the spray up against the seawall.It might be the last pic you ever have of them.

You'd think the brain would have worked out that kids----->well away from---->huge waves... but evidently not,judging from all the pics in the paper..
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Today we had our first day without any form of rain at some point since New Year's Day

Comment

So when do you start planting rice patties?

<runs away VERY fast>
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Well the other day walking into town,the pavement was blocked by a SWAN that had floated up.....

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Well the other day walking into town,the pavement was blocked by a SWAN that had floated up.....
                            A swan? Damn! I'd be in denial about that - even though some people would "Tut-tut" me about it.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X