Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One free (legal!) copy of Civilization V (PC/Mac, Steam required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I never go for military victory. Too annoying. >.>

I rule through science~ and occasionally slavish devotion to some sort of obscure god.
    Fertility rites ftw, right?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
      Finally won my first game! Continued the game I left off on last night. Spent the whole time while I was researching enough to make it overseas building up my army, zoomed across the ocean, and found my opponent...Venice. Who barely had anything built up, but had apparently had enough time to conquer and create a puppet city-state. Pretty much just mowed over him with troops and archers. Didn't even have time to squeeze my catapult in there for a shot.
      No no no. It's a Sid Meier game. there is no such thing as "winning". At least not within the time span of under a month.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I never go for military victory. Too annoying. >.>
        Same here. Takes too damn long, especially in V where taking out one enemy unit in a one-on-one fight can munch 3-5 turns unless you simply outclass them in every way x.x

I've had luck with Cultural and Tech victories, though.

I need to break out Master of Magic again one of these days -- I just love their version of the "Spaceship/Tech victory": casting the Spell of Mastery. The description is quite simple, and it does exactly what it says on the tin. "Banishes all other Wizards to Limbo. You Win." Naturally, a) you can't research it until you already know almost every OTHER spell (tech) your character has access to, and b) As soon as you start casting it, the entire world promptly declares war on you, for obvious reasons They won't even talk to you! Takes a while, though. I think my record fastest Cast was in the 40-45 Turn range, and that's with all of my spellcaster heroes recalled to home base in order to speed things up!
        Last edited by EricKei; 02-23-2014, 06:53 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I normally stay away from Military too. Only reason I did it this time was because it essentially fell in my lap. One opponent, tiny capital, barely any military, when I'd spent all my turns waiting on being able to sail across the ocean building up military and a few Wonders, having nothing better to do.

Granted, I'm still playing on Settler difficulty for now. I'll go for more difficulty as I get my head around the game more.

Comment

Working...
          X