Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Christmas Card Exchange is over! Hope you had fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question I'll post here, sense I'm sure others out there will wonder I'm sure... is it possible to add our spouses with us (example, request cards be sent to Mr. and Mrs. Smith or in this case Mr. and Mr. Smiley-Eagle)?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

SE - If ya want, you can just go into the address-entry screen and enter both of your names, e.g. "Mr. and Mr. Smiley-Eagle" on the first line. Was that what you meant?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        SE - If ya want, you can just go into the address-entry screen and enter both of your names, e.g. "Mr. and Mr. Smiley-Eagle" on the first line. Was that what you meant?
        Yeah, there was a couple last year that put both real names under one person's screen name (they were both forum members). Since you're already signed up, if you go back into the signup tool and click on the event link again, there should be a link to update your address (it should be available until signups close). Just edit the name field to however you want the cards to be addressed.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I was more specifically asking about the etiquette behind adding a name of someone who isn't a board member (though I still don't know why) onto the exchange with me.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Do you mean giving him a separate login/cardlist? If so, PM BE about that.

If you meant one card to both of you/both on one address line, go for it -- He's your SO, that's all that matters
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I assume you mean just putting Mr. & Mr. Smiley in the name field...that's fine. It's not like you're asking for two cards from everyone.

Comment

Reminder: Only 16 days remain to sign up for the 2013 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, patiokitty, BookstoreEscapee, Peppergirl, ParkingWitch, ArcticChicken, DaisyQueen, taxguykarl, EricKei, Elspeth, bhskittykatt, Pixi_kitty, PastryGal, TawnyMyst, Pixilated, DGoddessChardonnay, KatherineB, Trixie, protege, Carina16, Sarlon, Monica, Irving Patrick Freleigh, Kanalah, celticgrl, Bandit, HawaiianShirts, worddork, bonilaur, smileyeagle1021 has joined.
                Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

This thread was much more active before Raps deleted it...

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    This thread was much more active before Raps deleted it...
                    Maybe we can send him a caramel onion...

Jester would probably enjoy a caramel garlic...
                    Last edited by dalesys; 10-11-2013, 01:12 AM.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I just signed up in spot number 30.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Make sure that everyone stocks up on drop cloths....
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I just signed up in spot number 30.
                          Yes you did

24 USA
                          5 Canada
                          1 Australia
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-12-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Yes you did

24 USA
                            5 Canada
                            1 Australia
                            *lol* No pressure on me then!
                            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                              *lol* No pressure on me then!
                              I don't think one Australia stamp is gonna break the bank for anyone

Comment

I don't think one Australia stamp is gonna break the bank for anyone
                                Actually I meant I would have to come up with something very shiny and Ozzie so that the Great Land Down Under is well represented.
                                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
                                X