Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can't you live without in the Kitchen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-1 or one of its runny knockoffs, that sh*t is delicious on just about everything!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

The brand I have is a WearEver. It's enameled metal, not totally ceramic all the way through. You can't machine wash it without shortening its use life, but hand washing is easy. Rinse with soap, and wipe. Everything I have cooked in it comes right off regardless of how burnt. And it's oven safe to 350. There are other brands too, but this one has the best reviews and cooks like a dream. I love it. You may have to season the pan occasionally as the enamel wears off, though, and especially if it chips. No metal spatulas with this pan.

Comment

Why do threads ALWAYS seem to die after I post?

Comment

Not dead yet!

Hmm, my folks have at least one set of the WearEver enameled cast iron. Might have to see about swiping 'em. Or convince the parental units that a set of my own would be the perfect gift for birthday/Christmas.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
            Why do threads ALWAYS seem to die after I post?
            Pfft! Rookie.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My paring knives and Santoku, my wood cutting boards, my awesome 9" deep stainless dual bowl sink w/high arc faucet, and non-stick aluminum foil.

Comment

I want my electric can opener back. The manual one is fine, but the electric one that we once had saved a lot of time and effort.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

The first and foremost will always be a cappuccino maker. I don't drink drip-brew.

And my toaster oven. I have all kinds of things I use every day and couldn't live without, but my T.O. is the one thing outside the "usual" list that I feel I need. It allows me to prepare a quick meal for one out of the freezer (something that needs to be baked) without wasting electrcity by using the big oven. I've been known to quickly dry a hand-washed laundry item on top of it, too. Oh, and if you're careful, you can melt candle leftovers in their holders in it.

I guess I should add that I do find my new food processor indispensible. Sure, I could use my box grater or a knife, but this helps with big shredding/chopping jobs, and I don't grate my fingers. It has a blender, too, which I use to grind regular, cheap coffee to use in my espresso machine. I can pay under $5 a pound for coffee rather than $7 to $10 a pound for espresso grind. Columbian works just fine for a nice shot. Oh, and the processor comes with a dough hook, which I haven't used yet.
                  Last edited by Food Lady; 02-05-2014, 09:42 PM.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

For me it's my crock pot, especially since I work 3rd shift. I can come home, get the kids off to school, toss everything for a meal in there and by the time I wake up dinner is ready to go. I also like to use it to make huge batches of soup or whatever then divide it up for my work lunches.

Once we get our tax return I plan on buying a rice cooker and a bread machine, because I think I would use those a lot too.

Comment

Two words:

Coffee Maker

Of course if you asked my brother he'd probably vote for the microwave.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this one yet - air.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Surprised nobody else has mentioned this one yet - air.
                          Well, I didn't mention beer, and for me it's about the same. But I guess a lot of just felt such things were assumed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                          X