This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Killing Joke

I got this tiny comic via Kindle for $9.99.

I read 'the dark knight returns' a while back, and being a Joker fan girl, I went after another with him in it. I thought, 46 pages? This will be bad. But no...

It felt huge. It was like reading Pratchett, you look back and go 'wow, that much in only x pages?'

I loved it. Very nsfw comic, though. Shattered any remnants of 'comics are for kids' left over after TDKR.

What next? I prefer Joker related, but .... (Has to be on Kindle BTW)

I'm also doodling an older RP idea I have, Batman related of course. My art sucks but I'm having a blast and I find the writing easy!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Knightfall is another popular Batman minseries (Bane's story) worth checking out.

Wait, ten bucks for a digital edition? o_O;> Jeez.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Special 20th anniversary edition! Price was steep, but a friend of mine recommended it -- the same one I RP with.

But, yeah...$5 would have been nicer. Or less, considering how short it was.
      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Death in the Family or Arkham Asylum
        Last edited by drjonah; 02-17-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Might i reccomend brian azzarello and lee bermejo's brilliant joker?

Comment

I am not a fan of the Joker but I second Nightfall. And the New 52 Court of Owls/City of Owls is excellent. And Hush if you want to see every single character Batman has ever assciated with.

I saw a JLA comic once (I can't remember the storyline, sorry) where something happened that turned the Joker sane, but only for five minutes. He was utterly, utterly horrified by the things he'd done. It was a blessing, all the characters decided, that it only lasted for five minutes, because he could never have lived with it as a sane man.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

It comes on the heels of the "Court of Owls" storyline, but "Death of the Family" is a Joker story that makes him completely and utterly terrifying. I mean, whenever Joker shows up, that's automatically bad news, but in "Death of the Family" he returns after a year-long absence, before which he had his face surgically removed. It had been kept in a jar with formaldehyde in a GCPD precinct evidence room.

Joker comes back, steals his face and wears it like a mask while he systematically targets everyone connected to Batman... by targeting their loved ones. And intimates that he knows who all of them are, under the masks.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

When I saw "Death of the Family" I thought, the precursor to [insert spoiler involving Jensen Ackles]? I know what...

Oh wait, this isn't that. Wow, that sounds like a great one to read.
                My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  When I saw "Death of the Family" I thought, the precursor to [insert spoiler involving Jensen Ackles]? I know what...

Oh wait, this isn't that. Wow, that sounds like a great one to read.
                  There's a sort of companion collection that goes with "Death of the Family," rather confusingly called "Joker: Death of the Family," I think, which collects other Bat-titles connected to the story into one volume. These show in greater detail what Joker was doing to torment Barbara Gordon, Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Damien Wayne, and even Harley Quinn.

Yes, poor Harley was dragged into things against her will, and rather chillingly tells Batman at one point during the story, "Sorry, Bats, but he ain't my Mister J anymore..."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

And I thought my roleplay idea was totally f*cked up...

Naturally I intend to read this as soon as possible!
                    My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

You might also want to check out Emperor Joker storyline, what if Joker got godlike powers is basically the question. Also you could check out the movies Batman mask of the phantasm and Batman Beyond return of the joker.
                      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

What if Joker was godlike? Kefka! But thanks for the suggestions. :-)

So much ground to cover. Wow.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

The joker is basically one of the most prolific villains of all time. Of course you may have read death of the family but don't forget A death in the family. Another storyline I can reccomend that is joker related is under the red hood.
                          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I've seen the movie, hence... 'Jensen tackles related spoiler' but thanks. :-)
                            My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Working...
                            X