Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One free (legal!) copy of Civilization V (PC/Mac, Steam required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One free (legal!) copy of Civilization V (PC/Mac, Steam required)

(Hope this isn't against any rules or anything! )

I recently bought a Sid Meier Humble Bundle (mainly for Pirates and Railroads that was included, as well as some Civ V DLC that was included) and I've been giving away the games that were included that I didn't need or want. As I already owned Civ V before purchasing the bundle, I don't need it obviously. Everything else has been claimed by friends already, and this is the only game left, and I don't want it go to waste.

So...if you're interested in a free copy of Civ V, base game only, and have or are willing to get a free Steam account, and have a PC or Mac capable of running it, reply here in this thread and I will send you the link for the download key via PM. First come, first serve. Please reply here to claim and not via PM so I can be fair to the first person to claim it.

I'll take it. Steam name is p1ratew3nch
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Sent you a PM here on the forums with the link and added you to Steam!

Comment

It's no problem Just no actual links to sites that sell anything.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This inevitably happens every team I buy a Humble Bundle. Because I already own half of Steam. >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            This inevitably happens every team I buy a Humble Bundle. Because I already own half of Steam. >.>
            Yeah, same here. There will be usually one or two games that will do more than sit in my library out of the bundle and those titles are usually ones I've already got.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Yeah, same here. There will be usually one or two games that will do more than sit in my library out of the bundle and those titles are usually ones I've already got.
              Yeah, rare is the Bundle that has more than 1 thing in it I don't own. Honestly I don't even know what I own or don't own anymore at this point. I haven't been able to sit at a desk for some time. So I only play stuff I can xpadder to a gamepad lately.

But the Steam sales, the bloody sales. <sob>

Comment

Yeah, rare is the Bundle that has more than 1 thing in it I don't own. Honestly I don't even know what I own or don't own anymore at this point. I haven't been able to sit at a desk for some time. So I only play stuff I can xpadder to a gamepad lately.

But the Steam sales, the bloody sales. <sob>
                Oh, gods. I know. I have to avoid them, or I'll end up buying even mroe games that I probably won't get to play...
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I haven't been able to take advantage of those sales until now. I fear it.

Just built a new computer.

Civ V is currently kicking my butt though. I don't get it.
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Gah! Wish I had seen this earlier >_>

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                      Just built a new computer.

Civ V is currently kicking my butt though. I don't get it.
                      The game itself or its performance? Because honestly Civ V kinda runs like crap no matter what your hardware. -.-

Comment

The game itself. It is running great on the computer. I need to do some reading but just been insanely busy.
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                          The game itself. It is running great on the computer. I need to do some reading but just been insanely busy.
                          Try starting with an island type map so you have some room to learn the ropes before Gandhi nukes you.

Oh, and never trust Montezuma. -.-

Comment

Oh, and never trust Montezuma. -.-
                            You can trust him to screw you over. As long as you follow the Other Golden Rule, you're fine.

"Do unto others... first."
                            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I started playing Civ V again last night for the first time in several months.

Randomized everything and got stuck on a TINY island so I barely had any resources and had to research sailing immediately to do anything.

And yes, Gandhi is a complete dick. Though in my other game it was Shaka Zulu that was going to war with all my allies. I tend to stay away from military in Civ but I had to go poke at his cities to make him leave us alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X