X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart View Post
    Guess what guys!

I found another parent who seems to baby their kid! -_-

this one is partially justified in that the kid IS on the autistic spectrum, but this morning we got an extremely angry call from a parent. Why?
    I have a friend whose kids get baby treatment. It is not from the parents but from the grandmother who lives with them. The son is on the autistic spectrum and can be trouble (so far this year he has set a microwave on fire and caused the classroom to be evacuated by throwing the furniture at every one.)

Grandmother carries the kids' school bags when she walks them to school because the are "too heavy". My friend walked them to school yesterday and made them carry the bags because there is very little in them. Grandmother claims that the lunch boxes are too heavy. The distance of the walk is less than a kilometre.

Grandmother has threatened to punch the principal and teacher over perceived issues with the autistic son. Grandmother claims she saw the teacher shaking the boy violently. The boy doesn't remember being shaken and will fight to get out of gripe if you restrain him. At home Grandmother picks up after the kids instead of making them clean up. My friend and his wife are trying to get the kids to clean up after themselves.

Unfortunately the Grandmother has Alzheimer's and forgets when told not to baby the kids.

Comment

A couple of new stories. He's calmed down immensely since the last time I posted, but now he's started up again.

Yesterday was hell. In short form:

-Tried to blame my boss for ripping his artwork (she put the kibosh on that)
      -Claimed that he'd touched a bowl and then when another child took his spot, he claimed that I was "picking on him" and that I never told anyone else to move (big lie: unless I have seen that kid take a spot before, then move only for another child to do so, if another kid takes their spot, tough tooties)
      -Mocked my requests for him to help. Repeatedly.
      -Was hit in the face by another child, but he also instigated the incident (I followed up on that, the child that hit him had done so on impulse.)
      -Proceeded to inform me of some slightly far-fetched story that I had no choice but to follow up on as his mother was standing right there. (I kept it generic)
      -Claimed that other kids were mocking him behind his back and that he had hearing like a bat. (they weren't)

Boss's theory is that he's attention-seeking. My theory is that he's just bullying because he likes being in control. He managed to suck up to my boss just long enough for her to discount anything I'd told her about him.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I got a call yesterday afternoon from child #2 (age 8) principal. Another child in her class responded to her saying hello by telling her "shut up" and STABBING SCISSORS IN HER FACE!!!!! She was not hurt, thankfully (or I would be telling the story from jail) but they got hold of kids dad (kid refused to speak to him) but they have yet to speak to mom (divorced, I'm guessing). They tried her yesterday and all day today and no response from her. Thanks for unleashing your future breaking news story on us, mom of the fucking year!!!

The bane of my existence is the 'not my child' parents. When I would get a call about child #1 (not a bad kid but ADHD so there was the impulsive stuff like talking out of turn or walking around the class) I would always say "Now what did she do??" She wasn't a heathen but I knew she wasn't perfect and it made for great relationships with teachers when they knew I was listening to them and working with them.

Comment

Working...
        X