Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing isn't it? How some people can put up a wall of denial that contradicts the facts so plainly, you could use it as the picture in the dictionary that appears next to the word "DENIAL", and yet, they'll go on insisting no error was made, it was NOT leaderships fault, and will not retreat from this with a zeal not seen since Stalinist Russia.... I'd be funny.... if it weren't all true.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

It could well be managers were hiring more managers to do the dirty work.
      This reminded me of something. A certain small dept. at my work had, after some buyouts, a total of 21 employees left.

7 were managers. So they ended up with one manager for every two regular staffers.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"finding someone to blame didn't magically knock 6 inches off the size of the cabinet, so we've still got the original problem"

You mean, I found out WHO screwed up Task X, and the Baby Jesus didn't reach down from heaven, fix Task X and give me a GI Joe with Kung Fu Grip?

Bummer.

Yes, I got a whole storefull of people like that. And they won't let me have a taser or bourbon at work.

How is that fair?
        I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

in favor of letting managers go

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          The Peter Principal at it's finest.

One of my gripes is whenever companies want to cut costs they let the workers go, if instead they got rid of the unneeded managers (who are paid a lot more money each) not only will they save money, but the company will become a lot more efficient too.

I keep telling people higher up the food chain that if they want to save $900 a week in payroll, I will happily collect unemployment. To date, none of my superiors have taken me up on my offer.

Comment

Working...
          X