This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evannah View Post
    I'm cynical. I think that the couple picked up those tissues and demanded you sell them at a different price because they KNEW you couldn't do it. They were waiting for you to say 'no' so that they could complain.
    There's a law regarding that: "Never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Comment

The funniest complaint I ever heard was the customer who complained that the mint selection in front of the end till smelled "too minty". She also insisted that I tell my manager and get it fixed. I did tell my manager, but only cuz I thought that she could do with a good laugh... XD
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

This reminded me of our uniform regs when I was in the Navy. It was very specifically instructed that all female sailors must wear undergarments, to include a bra which must be either white or flesh-colored...and must be worn inside-right and hooked/closed correctly. I'm not quoting but you get the idea. We used to laugh about that section, like who on earth is wearing their bra incorrectly?

Then I went on instructor duty and became the HBIC of females who don't understand why you can't wear colored and/or printed undies with a WHITE uniform. None of my male coworkers would have that conversation; they were afraid of sexual harassment accusations. So, lucky me...where do I put that skill on my resume, LOL.
        Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

My wife's company T-shirts came in this week. They are all a size smaller than she asked for. And sleeveless. She can wear them, but...well, all I will say is "36C". (Having seen her in them...well, I'm not complaining!) Also...officially, company dress code calls for long pants. She has worn shorts several times (including today) and nobody has said a word.

She doesn't wear a wedding band at work...and we both honestly wonder if one (or more) of her coworkers is hoping to get a date.
          Last edited by Jarlaxle; 10-17-2014, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
            Then I went on instructor duty and became the HBIC of females who don't understand why you can't wear colored and/or printed undies with a WHITE uniform. None of my male coworkers would have that conversation; they were afraid of sexual harassment accusations. So, lucky me...where do I put that skill on my resume, LOL.
            What is "HBIC"? I'm not familiar with that acronym.

Why couldn't your male coworkers have taken a bit of initiative and teamed up to get the message across? Specifically, one wears a coloured and/or printed T-shirt/singlet (a.k.a. "tank top") under HIS white uniform, and the other (in the presence of female co-workers who do the same) tells him that it's a BAD IDEA, and why he shouldn't do it. After all, how could one man telling another about "show-through" be sexual harassment of female co-workers?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              What is "HBIC"? I'm not familiar with that acronym.
              Head Bitch In Charge, right?
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                This reminded me of our uniform regs when I was in the Navy. It was very specifically instructed that all female sailors must wear undergarments...
                Rusty Warren sang it...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Why couldn't your male coworkers have taken a bit of initiative and teamed up to get the message across? Specifically, one wears a coloured and/or printed T-shirt/singlet (a.k.a. "tank top") under HIS white uniform, and the other (in the presence of female co-workers who do the same) tells him that it's a BAD IDEA, and why he shouldn't do it. After all, how could one man telling another about "show-through" be sexual harassment of female co-workers?
                  That would definitely not be sexual harassment. However, there is a problem with it. You are assuming that the women violating the regulations would see this little scene play out with the guys, and come to the logical conclusion that they should not be wearing colored or printed undergarments under their white uniforms. But if they were the kind of people that came to logical conclusions, they would have seen or been told about the regulations when they entered the military, and actually followed them.

In short, you're giving too much credit for mental ability to the policy's violators. If they we smart enough to get the demonstration, they wouldn't need it in the first place.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

now here is a bra for you

I wonder if it is also bullet proof
                    http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-the-frig-newtonians/
                    Last edited by pitmonkey; 10-20-2014, 07:57 AM.
                    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      As for .. well-endowed women and bras: absolutely true. Doesn't matter how good the bra, the only way to make them 'perky' involves enough metal (or other structural support) to build the Eiffel Tower.
                      Don't quote me on this, but I've also heard strengthening one's back muscles might help a little? Maybe?

…this is why I try to keep my mouth shut.
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
                      X