This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Used "Defy Gravity" the Attack was Ineffective

Someone literally just spent 40 minutes arguing with us, the police and called her Mom to try and get HER on her side as well during the whole mess.

What where they arguing?

That we are mistaken to tow her for a no permit violation and she was NOT going to pay us a drop fee.

In fact, she told her Mom that she was willing to GET ARRESTED before she gave us a cent.

Their claim? The permit for the lot they were in was hanging up on the rearview mirror just like it was supposed to be, but, when we picked their car up (for being called in for NOT having a permit, BTW) it must have fallen OFF, fallen BACK into the passenger's seat, and then SQUEEZED underneath a fairly substantial textbook that was resting there, which is where this young lady pulled it out from to show all of us once the officer had arrived.

Almost like she KNEW it was there...... wow, almost makes you believe in psychic powers huh?

MOAR LIK PSYCHOTIC! LOL! AMIRITE?!

Yeah, she's claiming it fell BACK and DOWN despite the car being lifted UP and tilted FORWARD.

You really don't get how physics work, do you? (and to be fair, it wasn't a PHYSICS textbook it was under, that would have just made it that much sadder)

And, sadly, neither did the cop, who it ALSO had to be explained to, since he wasn't quite sure she didn't have a point.

Fortunately, after a 10 second crash course on how it was highly improbable that gravity had suddenly ceased to work in just this particular parking lot for the night, and an assurance none of us had used any Jedi Mind Tricks to make it move back there, he agreed and told her to pay up and take up any dispute with the office in the morning since she'd failed to put the permit up.

And that's just the abridged version, there was a lot of threats of suing, refusing to sign the papers because she wasn't going to be "tricked" into signing way her right to contest and general irascibility as she stretched the whole affair out to 39 minutes and 10 seconds longer than it really had to be, just to get the same answer in the end.

Silly Rabbit, ye' cannae break the laws of physics, Captain! Unless there's only 5 minutes to go in this week's episode, that is.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Gotta give her props for originality.

It might have been more convincing if she'd spent some time rummaging looking for it before she whipped it out.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      It might have been more convincing if she'd spent some time rummaging looking for it before she whipped it out.
      No kidding! What gets me is, she had the permit, why did she NOT have it where it belonged?! That's the type of stupidity that's deliberate. And it's absolutely baffling.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        And, sadly, neither did the cop, who it ALSO had to be explained to, since he wasn't quite sure she didn't have a point.
        This is concerning. From my memory of having a permit which hung from the rear view mirror, they didn't just pop off. And if it did, she's really claiming that it fell off onto the BACK seat? I seriously fear the future if this is how most people think.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          No kidding! What gets me is, she had the permit, why did she NOT have it where it belonged?! That's the type of stupidity that's deliberate. And it's absolutely baffling.
          Certainly not the brightest bulb in the box.

I'm hoping the arguing stopped after the cop tried to explain this, that or he told her "pay or go away."

Comment

Well, on the plus side, at least she's apparently abiding by the warning that is printed on darned near every hang tag I have ever seen: "Remove from mirror before driving" (or something to that effect).

People just do not get how even the small tags can obscure your field of vision. It makes me crazy seeing people driving down the road with the full-sized handicapped tags that reach from mirror to their dashboard of their little cars. Something 4" wide in front of your face obscures an area big enough to hide a car in.

SO, did she pay the drop fee, or is she paying the whole tow and storage fee?
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Well, on the plus side, at least she's apparently abiding by the warning that is printed on darned near every hang tag I have ever seen: "Remove from mirror before driving" (or something to that effect).

People just do not get how even the small tags can obscure your field of vision.
              That is a good point. Perhaps they should make those tags small enough to hide behind the rear-view mirror? Or a label to stick to the back of the RVM?

Or she could've just left it on the dashboard instead of throwing it in the back seat.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I zip-tied it to my sunvisor.

Driving with it on the mirror should be punished with a large ($1000+) fine and probably license suspension.

Comment

Or blue-tacked to the top of the dash, where it's out of the driver's sightlines but should be well within visual range of Argy and his peers.

As for the original post: if she'd been searching along the top of the dash, then in the footwells for driver and passenger, down the sides of the seats, etc, I'd have been a lot less suspicious. If it'd been found in some such logical place, I ... well. I wasn't there. Maybe I'd have given her benefit of the doubt.

But not under a heavy textbook.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Anything on the dash (especially if brightly-colored) tends to reflect on the windshield.

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
                      Anything on the dash (especially if brightly-colored) tends to reflect on the windshield.
                      Especially when the window's not quite clean

Comment

Working...
                      X