This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to make fancy hyperlinks in Excel

Question for my more tech savvy friends. I have spent nearly an hour googling this and haven't found the answer (that I know of). I'm trying to make a table that references files on our sharepoint. This is supposed to be a log that summarizes reports that are saved on sharepoint, we use a standardized file naming structure, so the fields in the log can be used to determine the URL (and I have a formula that automatically makes the URL). What I'm trying to do is make that column a hidden column and instead have a hyperlink that essentially says "click here". I've tried making a macro that would do that, but even using the "use relative reference" setting on the macro recorder (I don't even know how to begin on VBA, that is what I've been googling with no luck), but it always just creates a hyperlink to whatever I did for the first row.
    Any ideas on how to get past this is definitely appreciated.
    Attached Files
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

IIRC you can format the cell as a hyperlink. Also you can put whatever text you want in a custom cell format, including "click here"

I'm using my phone for this otherwise I'd fire up Excel to give better help
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

If it follow standard HTML format, it would be something on the order of--

Code:
      <a href=https://url.here/with/stuff>CLICK ME!!!</a>
      I'm not familiar enough with Excel to know if that works, but it may be worth a try...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
      X