Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate personality tests with a passion. They are long, repetative, and annoying. I remember from psychology class why they are repetative, but that doesn't make them any less irritating to fill out!

The TANF/Foodstamps/etc question has always been asked on applications I've filled out. I'm pretty sure it's a tax credit thing, like others have said.
    Last edited by trailerparkmedic; 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
      One of our hospitals seriously wants the soul of your first born child on their applications.
      Totally off-topic, but made me laugh. I was in the check out line at a grocery with my "grown up and a mom herself" daughter, and for some reason was writing a check, which I rarely do. Chatted with the young gentleman at the register about some companies practically wanting your first born to write a check, and I looked over at DD and said something jokingly about about her being a bit old for that, to which he responded "hmm, I wouldn't mind". Cue DD turning red (but it made her day) and me laughing my a** off at a guy hitting on my daughter through me

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Happy to bring a smile to your day.

It's rediculous, though. I'm a pretty fast typer and I have my resume on my handy dandy USB stick, so filling out job applications online generally doesn't take long. This particular hospital took up 45 minutes of my time for the first app I filled out. And it doesn't keep a lot of the information in your "account" so you end up having to fill it out over and over again. Now imagine trying to help someone who's never touched a computer in their life, doesn't have a resume handy, and can't remember their information fill out this monster.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
          The TANF/Foodstamps/etc question has always been asked on applications I've filled out. I'm pretty sure it's a tax credit thing, like others have said.
          Interesting. I haven't seen it on any that I've filled out, and at my former job we weren't supposed to ask about that sort of thing until *after* someone was hired.
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Best Buy uses it and it is horrible. Maybe 20% of the people I would see hired through Unicru were worth a damn. I would recruit and then help the person I recruited pass the tests if they needed it and then I would talk to the hiring cordinator in store to make sure my person got the job. Otherwise I would get stuck with what ever riff raff the GM decided was a "good Hire" which usually meant he could pay them minimum wage and never have to worry about giving them a raise.

Comment

Working...
            X