This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night school student "claimed" she was told parking is free on Friday's

First some information pertaining to this post. The university where I work sells students attending night school parking passes that can only be used for night school. You park in the faculty/staff garage, but the parking pass is programmed to only work beginning at 5:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday. There are no classes at the university on Friday's, daytime or night time.

Female student drives up to the outside gate across from the booth window. I motion for her to drive up to the booth window. She arrives around 2 p.m.

Me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    Female student: "I am here to pick up my diploma"
    Me: "Ok...you know it's $5.00 to park"
    Female student: "I have a parking permit that gets me free parking on Friday's"
    She takes it off her rear view mirror & shows it to me. It's a parking permit for night school.
    Me: "One moment please"

I call the Parking office to inquire about this. "Nancy" answers the phone & tells me "No, she does not get free parking with that pass. If she has a problem with that, she can come to the parking office."

I tell the female student that I was informed that no, she does not get free parking with that permit on Friday's & that she has to pay the $5.00 parking fee. She leaves.

that's special...at least she didn't get pissy about it.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

I went to a university where football is a form of religion. Nearby clubs (mostly sororities & fraternities) sold campus parking spaces for the game. Imagine how utterly pissed some of my fellow students were when they were told they couldn't park in the lot even though they lived in the dorm. That's right, they were being told they had to pay if they wanted park where they lived. And, I should mention, where they'd already dropped some change for semester parking. This was apparently a snafu that shouldn't have happened, though I gotta wonder. There were a LOT of complaints that semester.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X