This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it because Im getting older?

I look back on some of the treatment I put up with in the past and can't quite believe that I stood there and took it.

When I was younger my boss refused to pay me the legal wage, chopped off hours that I had worked out of my time card, cheated me over time, cheated me of actual pay, lied to me, cut my hours for no reason, played favourites, bullied me, one boss even hit me once.
    I put up with so many illegal things, I put up with being treated really unfairly and being harassed at work both sexually and emotionally.

It wasn't just me that these things happened to either, almost every single employer except my last permanent job tried to pull illegal or immoral stuff with its staff, young or old, new or experienced. A group of 6 of us once filed a grievance with the labour board because the bulling was so bad some of us were vomiting before work, not sleeping, breaking down to tears on our breaks.

The older I get the less patience I have for employers that try to pull this kind of crap. I also feel much more drawn to building my own business rather than working another job were the employees are treated like crap once again.Has anyone else found that as they progress through their twenties/thirties that their patience wears thin on some of the crap that goes on. Mine benefit of the doubt is given much less frequently these days.

Maybe it's because I can start looking for a job once the last few things of paper work have gone through and I'm not looking forward to the whole job search thing. I can not be bothered with someone who is going to lord over me and treat me like a serf while paying me minimum wage. I am so over it.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Don’t worry your not the only one that’s noticed things of that nature. At my current workplace I’ve in the unique position of not actually needing the job. My husband makes enough for us to pay the bills and eat but just that, so my check is for savings and fun.

The few times management has tried to get me to do something that I know is illegal or simply would not do, I’ve told them point blank that I wasn’t. The smart ones learn fast to either stop, risk losing their good employees and eventually end up without a business. I think its an age old complaint though and yes people who are younger tend to get it worse because they don’t know what their rights are or how to make sure there enforced.

Comment

Working...
    X