This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nohbody View Post
    So, if we go there, does it speed things up if we just get the "no"s out of the way at the start?

"Before the sales pitch, let me get this out of the way: no, no, no, no, no, and no. Is that enough to bypass the suggestive selling?"

(Yes, I know that's kind of a sucky thing to do, but after the umpteen dozenth time of order takers asking if I want more, even after I finish my order with a clearly stated "and that will be all", it's awful tempting. )
    Haha. It's a "Make sure they know what they're saying no to" sort of thing. Like to make sure you understand hey, buy in bulk today, you spend less money and we won't see you again for four or five months, but if you want to buy just a little now, you'll spend more money cause we're going to see you back every week.

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
      So, if we go there, does it speed things up if we just get the "no"s out of the way at the start?

"Before the sales pitch, let me get this out of the way: no, no, no, no, no, and no. Is that enough to bypass the suggestive selling?"

(Yes, I know that's kind of a sucky thing to do, but after the umpteen dozenth time of order takers asking if I want more, even after I finish my order with a clearly stated "and that will be all", it's awful tempting. )
      I've heard that too (on this site actually). Like at macy's they have to be told no 3 times. Perhaps that could save the clerk from having to give the sales pitch.

Comment

Working...
      X