This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest thought parking office gives out free tokens

First, some background information pertaining to this post.

There is a ticket machine in front of the entrance gate to Visitor Parking, but because a ticket is not needed to pay for your parking, only money is needed to pay for your parking, there are no tickets in the ticket machine. But...the words "please take a ticket" are posted on the ticket machine in black. There are also four signs stating Visitor parking is $5.00. 2 signs can be easily seen as you enter the garage. The other 2 signs are inside the garage.

So an older lady pulls up to the booth window & tells me she is going to the art gallery at the campus & that she was told she can park in Visitor parking. I tell her the following...
    • She can ask the art gallery for a token to exit the garage *I keep one inside the booth as an example, & I showed it to her*
    • A token is $5.00
    • She cannot exit without one
    • If the art gallery does not have one, she will have to pay the $5.00 parking fee.

She indicated her understanding. Then she asked me if she needed a ticket. I said no since one is not needed to pay for your parking. Yeah...that's somewhat confusing to people.

Several minutes later "Melissa" from the Parking office calls me & asks "Did you tell a lady to go to the Parking office & we would give her a token?" The only person I told that to is a handicapped staff member having a university issued handicapped parking placard. Since the staff member pays for the handicapped parking placard, the Parking office gives them a token. She told me that she told the lady that I would not do that & that the Parking office does not give free token to guests parking in Visitor Parking. She told me what she tells guests arriving at the university, which is "no matter how long your car is parked in the garage & no matter where you are going to, the parking fee is $5.00." I told "Melissa" what I told the lady & that I never told her to go to the Parking office to get a free token.

Crazy & confusing situation.

I wonder what the art gallery told her, & I wonder how she got the idea that the Parking office would give her a free token. I never told her where to even pay for her parking.
Working...
X