This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interviews

I'm getting tired of job hunting. Today I had an interview down town at 2pm. I get there, wait 20 minutes, and then the receptionist decides to check what's taking so long. Which was nice of her.

A few minutes later someone comes down and tells me the interviewer called in sick and that they'd call to reschedule. You know when I would've liked to have known that? This morning.

Yes this morning, before I had to get extra prep time for dressing in business attire like you wanted. Before I spent money on public transport on the train. Before I had to rush the end of lunch with my friend. This was time I could've been hanging out or gone to the library to work on the paper due on Monday. So thanks for wasting my time. I'm tired of job hunting and if you do call back on Monday I'm not so sure I want to reschedule.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

My boyfriend ended up in a similar situation once. He had an interview scheduled later in the day, and apparently the interviewer had left early. They promised to call him back, but they never did. It worked out well for him, though, since he got another job offer the next day. I hope you have some good luck!

Comment

UGH. I feel your pain. I drove for about 40 minutes to get to an interview, after being called earlier that day by the recruitment company to remind me about the interview. I get there, and OH! Apparently my interview was CANCELLED!!!! All that time, stressing in traffic and petrol, wasted. Oh, they had me fill out a form, but I didn't go back to that recruitment company again, as someone there had cancelled the interview. GRRRRR
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        UGH. I feel your pain. I drove for about 40 minutes to get to an interview, after being called earlier that day by the recruitment company to remind me about the interview. I get there, and OH! Apparently my interview was CANCELLED!!!! All that time, stressing in traffic and petrol, wasted. Oh, they had me fill out a form, but I didn't go back to that recruitment company again, as someone there had cancelled the interview. GRRRRR
        Wait, the recruitment company, not the employer, canceled your interview but reminded you to go to it anyway? The recruitment people should have at least reimbursed you for the gas.

Comment

The only suggestion I have to offer is maybe calling in the morning of the appointment to confirm the time.

You can confirm that the person you need is actually there, you remind them that they have an appointment, and if they want to offer you a different time slot (such as maybe earlier), then they can do that.

Plus, it gives them one more time they'll hear your name and possibly remember you ahead of the pack.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X