Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do customerssuck.com members feel about customers who name drop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do customerssuck.com members feel about customers who name drop?

How do customerssuck.com members feel about customers who name drop?

?? What do you mean??

Like customers who claim they know highers ups? Or famous people?

I've dealt with a few. But my favorite was the one who claimed to be married to my district manager.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=30739 Is the thread.

http://www.customerssuck.com/strip/i...ate=2008-08-31 Is the comic. (Joy oh joy in having a comic )
    Last edited by Plaidman; 11-07-2009, 04:09 AM.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Celebs: My hotel is a about a block away from a major concert venue. While the A-list celebs generally stay at a 5-star place, we frequently get the crew, such as the sound & lighting guys, staying here. Generally, they either praise or bash the performer, but it's legit name dropping. Also, I now have access to a world famous magician's home phone # & cc details, cause his crew had their rooms paid for with his personal cc.

Claiming to know the owner: That's great. *I* don't know the owner. I've worked here almost a year and a half, and if he came in to get a room, I'd ask him for photo id just like everyone else. Hell, for the last 2 months we've had a new general manager here. This guy is my direct supervisor, and I've never met/spoken with him. If he came in on my shift, I'd be asking him for ID too.

Trying to get a discount because you're friends of the owner: It helps if you get his name right, or even his nationality. If you're such good friends, get him to call me and tell me to give you a free room. Oh, you don't want to bother him this late at night? Good idea. In that case, I'll just charge you the full amount, and you can call him in the morning and ask for a refund. No, I wont give you his personal number, because if you're really close with him as you implied, you'd all ready have it. And mostly, I don't have his personal number. If I did, I'd give it out to every drunken halfwit who wants to bitch because I wont give them a room without needing id, cc or damage deposit.

(Unrelated, but earlier tonight I got yelled at for being a "fuckin crook" by a drunk homeless guy cause I wouldn't price match the hostel he got kicked out of.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

My only real experience with name-dropping was at the game store; SC was being completely unreasonable and even tried to threaten me , since the guy was a "friend" of the owner I got chewed out in front of two regulars who witnessed the whole thing and were defending me.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

The one time I've really had any experience with that was at Macy's, and it was an employee (I'll call her "BitchyLady") from another store in the area who did the name-dropping. Without going into all the details, this woman had called wanting me to hunt down a specific brand/style of sunglasses for a customer she had with her, got a bit snotty because I wasn't willing/able to immediately drop what I was assisting my customer with to attend to what hers wanted, and asked if "Paula" was still the manager of the accessories department at my store.

As "BitchyLady" sounded like a manager type, I was worried for a bit that she was going to contact "Paula" to complain about my "bad, unhelpful attitude", or maybe direct the customer to do so, but fortunately that didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
          X