Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- I wish people would stop acting like it's [U]my fault[U] rates are so low. GFYS people. I'm just doing my job.

- I wish a select few would understand that when you go in to do servicing on your bank account you need SOME form of ID besides a Costco card.....

- I wish my single ABM machine would give me one week, just ONE WEEK, of sales where it doesn't give me at least one day of grief.

- I wish the creepy guy at work would stop showing up everywhere *shudder*

- I wish I didn't work in an environment that has that continuous BEEPING of scanning items!!

-I wish customers wouldn't bring up the fact that theres a continuous BEEPING! Great, just when I started tuning it out. There it is again........ *twitch*

#1 I wish..... that my work didn't block customerssuck.com. Yea, that's right. They blocked it on me
    Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

I wish the breathing meatbags that backstock furniture off the trucks wouldn't keep stuffing barstools into a location until the shelf above them pops out of its slots.

I had to put two shelves back up today because of this. I hate putting up backroom shelving. HATE IT.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A few more things regarding my secretary job.....

- I wish that our preschool/daycare director would use her own stamps instead of coming into the church office to use mine. Granted, she doesn't do it that often, but it always seems to be when I am running low, and I can't just run down to the post office (or an ATM) to get more.

- I wish that tune-ups on equipment (today it's our fire estinguishers) would NOT be scheduled at times when the pastor is out of town, and it's just me in the office. Because it always seems to happen on days when I especially need to close the office/alarm the building at noon, and I hate getting held up.

Comment

Is there anything about your work you'd like to change, perhaps something you think it would be better without?

Yeah... me!

(cookies for the reference)
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
            · I wish our store closed at night and I worked 3rd shift. If it wasn't for the SC's, my job would almost be tolerable.
            Being in such a position, I can say that it's not quite as good as one would think.

Anyway, my wishes, purely myjob-centric:

- I wish the store would spend the extra little bit to hire a competent floor maintenance person, instead of the Keystone Kops serving in the position now. They've been rewaxing the floor in parts, over the past few days, and comparing the new job to the old one, the new one looks like .

- I wish the late night people they hire (when they do, see below) all had English as a primary language. I don't care about color, origin, or whatever, but when I give directions, I shouldn't need a translator to get the message across, or run the risk of getting the other party saying "okay" then doing whatever they were going to do in the first place even if it wasn't what needs to be done.

- I wish that they'd stop trying to get the stock crew to do everything with fewer and fewer people (stockers quitting or getting fired, with no new hires to fill the holes), then bitch and moan because no matter how much butt we bust to get stuff done, we still wind up going over the scheduled time because we don't have the ability to pause reality while getting our done. Either hire a part-timer to spread the load around a little, or STFU. A lot of what I want to do outside of work falls on truck delivery nights, but barring a death in the family or a medical situation (like what has me not going in tonight... useless prescriptions) there's absolutely no way of getting the relevant night off of work because every stocker is absolutely needed to not be spending even longer over schedule to get everything done before the big customer pushes start.
            No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

I wish that if Awesome Bosses want me to train a new employee, they would let me know about it. Normally, they are very good about this. However, last week a new hire showed up needing to be trained and I had heard nothing about it. I don't like surprises.
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                Is there anything about your work you'd like to change, perhaps something you think it would be better without?

Yeah... me!

(cookies for the reference)
                Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Too easy.

Comment

Let's see

1. Fix things that are broken. That freezer door that got chopped open with a ax years ago, replace it, the diamond plate bolted to it to hold it tougher and several cans of spray foam doesn't cut it.

2. Stop blaming us for thing out of our control, like not fixing the refrigeration alarm until $8K of frozen food was lost even though we told you 20 times.

3. Give us the hours necessary to do the job it you want it done the "correct" way. and punishing us by cutting hours just make it worse. Morons.

Comment

I think, right now, my biggest thing would be:

Get rid of the customer surveys that only are ever answered by pissed off people.

Does it really matter if I say HI to every customer (I do, btw), or say "Thank you for shopping at Glitter Hell", if I'm providing them with good customer service otherwise?
                    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Let's see...

1.)Recognize that customer service is just as important as sales. The way it looks to me, we're considered the red headed stepkids.

2.)Better training. I keep seeing a lot of bonehead mistakes, and I get very tired of cleaning up after other people's mistakes.

3.)Bind our franchiseees to the same rules as we in the call center. For example, if you set up the order, tell the customer what the pin # is so we don't have to waste time working around the blasted thing. And note the account with drivers notes and instructions.

4.)Quit combining buildings. Or at least, just limit it to Saturdays and Sundays. Due to supervisor coverage issues, we have to combine buildings with the sales floor on weekends. It can be hard finding a seat that isn't going to be occupied, that has everything in working order, that is actually marked as available. Plus, it is also cramped and noisy. Especially when bells are going off and it sounds like a boiler room.

5.)Have an employee recognition program. We used to have an "Employee of the Month." It doesn't cost anything to tell someone they and their work are appreciated.

6.)Worry less about talk time and more about getting the job done right.
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

1. I would change it to where all the baggers (slaves) would get more raises
                        2. The dress code would be casual. (I either feel I am going to a funeral or a wedding with the way they make us dress)
                        3. Payroll would be done by a qualified person who knows what they are doing.
                        4. Breaks would be 15 minutes long
                        5. I would change holiday pay back to tripple time instead of time and a half
                        7. Shitty music played at our store would be a thing of the past.
                        8. Prices would be as is....what you see is what it is priced.
                        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

*I know this is something I've complained about on here before, but since it's especially irritating under the current circumstances, and it IS something that needs to be changed...*

I wish that the "Financial Affairs" committee at church would either give me authorization to sign checks on an emergency basis, or have more people become signers. Because right now, we've only got three people involved with the church who can sign checks, and when none of them are available, there are problems.

Comment

I wish...

...that the owner would hire more non-manager adults for the day shift.

....that our high-schoolers would stop calling in less than an hour before their shift, especially on weekend day shifts.

...that our employee that has been here the longest wasn't allowed to totally train the new hires, especially since me and the managers end up mostly retraining them to do stuff by the handbook.

...that our prices weren't so high. We're probably losing customers because of it.

I know there's more, but they're not coming to me at the moment.

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                              5. I would change holiday pay back to tripple time instead of time and a half.
                              At my store, holiday pay is an extra 50 cents an hour.
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                                At my store, holiday pay is an extra 50 cents an hour.
                                I'd just love to introduce holiday pay of any kind.
                                "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                                "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                                My MySpace
                                My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                                X