This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Paint Leaketh

I was manning the self-checks and it was a bit busy. I was standing at the podium when suddenly I hear "I need some help". I look up and see that nearly 1/3 of a can of paint was spilled all down one of the self checks. The customer had gotten some paint and the girl at the paint counter didn't hammer the lid down!! Genius on paint counter girl. So when the customer went to scan the barcode, down came the paint. It was a killer to clean but thankfully it was latex paint. But I have to wonder...if the customer saw that the paint counter girl didn't secure the lid, why didn't she say so then. What would have happened if she didn't spill it in the store and it spilled in her trunk. Disaster wanting to happen,
    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Quoth BethB View Post
    Lawsuit wanting to happen,
    Fixed it for you.

And sadly these days, it's not a question of "IF" but "WHEN" it would have happened should that paint can spilled in the car.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

While it's a lawsuit, that's just screaming a bunch of jokes.

If the paint is white=it came all over itself.
      if the paint it green=it puked on itself.
      if the paint is brown=it shat itself.

I could go on...
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

If the paint is red, it had an aneurysm.

If the paint is yellow, it popped a zit.

If the paint is gray, it had a yeast infection.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
          .if the customer saw that the paint counter girl didn't secure the lid,
          Note, if. I've let my attention wander a time or two. Maybe they simply didn't clue in. I woulda made the paint counter girl clean it, since it's her fault anyways.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Note, if. I've let my attention wander a time or two.
            Seconded. I don't always pay attention once they've shown me the paint matches the sample. I'm usually busy ogling all the nifty little gimmicks they sell now to make painting easier.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

It isn't always obvious when a lid isn't hammered down 100%. I was scanning a customer's paint can and the customer decided to check the lid. It slipped right off. I never would've guessed it and I was grateful I hadn't been tipping the can to scan it.

Ever see customers with packages of oozing yogurt or sliced boxes of mac & cheese? Even if the paint lid was obvious, customers are good at missing such things.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                While it's a lawsuit, that's just screaming a bunch of jokes.

I could go on...
                Yeah, the paint was brown

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                  Yeah, the paint was brown
                  So the register had a bad case of diarrhea then?
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The worst. I think it looked more like melted chocolate. Crud. now I will never eat chocolate again.
                    Today I had to fill out a witness report which means the customer is most likely trying to get compenstation for her shirt.

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                      Today I had to fill out a witness report which means the customer is most likely trying to get compenstation for her shirt.
                      Which, in this case, I'd say she should get because the accident is at least somewhat the employee's fault.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had an associate when I worker at the Wall, that did not secure the lid on many cans of paint. 2 registers and a car got a new paint job. Only got a talking to about it. Also had people open cans to see what the paint looked like and set back on the shelf. Then the next person would get a surprise.
                        "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Working...
                        X