This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird phone call

Today was a rotten day. I had to have one of my cats put down this morning, so I was not in the best frame of mind tonight when I went in. Nor was I looking my best. But apparently I looked "beautiful" to one customer. It was really slow tonight so my cashier and I were talking while I was working on the deposit when the phone rings. I answer it and the person on the other end off the phone identified themselves as Christopher and that he was a regular customer. When I asked what he needed, he told me that he just called to say that he thought I was beautiful. I thanked him and hung up the phone. I just stood there shaking my head and wondering who this person is and how drunk they really were.

Sorry to hear about your cat

There are time I have found when a simple call or phrase can really change your day. I would take it in the spirit it was intended. Maybe he had been in earlier, saw you were having a bad day and just wanted to cheer you up without looking like he was coming on to you or something creepy.
    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
    X