This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must not be allowed to take breaks

11 to 4:45 at the swamp today, doin' carryouts and carts.

I ended up taking my one 15-minute break at 3:30, half an hour later than I wanted, because the sole floor person was covering a break for electronics when I asked, and then they had to go outside to cover a break for lawn and garden.

Finally, I got upstairs and a carryout was paged. Once. Twice. Three times. Four. Then five.

I figured this might be because the floor person couldn't hear the pages. For some reason the muzak seemed to be softer, and pages seemed softer as well. I called down to the service desk to ask them to ask the cashiers to speak up a little.

"I can't do that! They're practically screaming into the phones as it is! The speakers need to be turned up."

The volume control for the paging system is in the store manager's office, so I went to find a manager and found them all in the store manager's office, ON A CONFERENCE CALL.

*softer than normal* "Excuse me, could you turn up the speakers a little bit? I don't think the floor people are hearing the pages."

Managers all shush me and tell me they can't turn the volume up until they're done with the conference call. Meanwhile the carryout has been paged at least twice more, but it was answered by the time I returned to the break room.

This can only happen on my breaks it seems. At least they didn't try to send me back down to take care of the carryout.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

There is a common ailment called "selective deafness", I'm sure the floor people were suffering the full effects of it.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
    X