This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He's a male AND he can multitask!"

I had a customer make me chuckle a bit today.

I answer the store phone quite a bit while I'm at my register (2 of our registers have a phone capable of doing this, shared between them), and I usually continue ringing (slightly slower) while I'm on the phone.

A call came in while I was ringing up one customer tonight, I answered it and continued ringing her purchases, stopping to transfer the call to another department.

Customer: Wow, you're male AND you can multitask! That's rare!
    Both me and my (female) bagger laughed, my bagger told her I'm very good at multitasking.

There's a few of us who can do that.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Yay sexism! Not nearly enough of that anymore.

I guess I'm a mutant for being able to handle a [computer] mouse in either hand during installs then.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        I guess I'm a mutant for being able to handle a [computer] mouse in either hand during installs then.
        only if the one in your left hand has been reconfigured for a leftie....
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Heck, I'm female and I canNOT multitask!

I could when i was younger, but alas, no longer.
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I can multitask when it comes to certain things...but i HATE cashier work...did it for one week and got blamed for everything that went wrong. even things that the other cashiers told me was right...
            Last edited by WhiteRose; 06-11-2009, 12:39 AM. Reason: because my coding skills suck...

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
              only if the one in your left hand has been reconfigured for a leftie....
              Nope, but I can double left-click with my left hand middle finger. Does that count?
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                I had a customer make me chuckle a bit today.

I answer the store phone quite a bit while I'm at my register (2 of our registers have a phone capable of doing this, shared between them), and I usually continue ringing (slightly slower) while I'm on the phone.

A call came in while I was ringing up one customer tonight, I answered it and continued ringing her purchases, stopping to transfer the call to another department.

Customer: Wow, you're male AND you can multitask! That's rare!
                Both me and my (female) bagger laughed, my bagger told her I'm very good at multitasking.
                "Wow, you're female AND you get your own allowance? You lucky girl!"

or something equally sexist in response.

Obviously wouldn't be appropriate in a customer-worker exchange, but I would think it very hard.

Comment

actually, it's a biological fact that males aren't good at multitasking in general...some are, but for the most part they're not programmed that way.

it's not so sexist if it's based on physical factors.

Comment

I'm very good at multitasking, always have been. Not very coordinated though.

I'm also gay. Maybe that has a bit to do with it. Not obviously so (hell I'm missing 2 front teeth!), but I do like the, uh, meat.

Comment

Bean, not to stereotype, but I think all gay guys are better at multitasking.

I think it drives our straight counterparts (particularly my boss) insane
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

My husband mentioned me & multitasking in the same sentence earlier this week.

I told him I don't listen to curse words.

Comment

i'm not that great at multitasking either unless i'm allowed to do it at my own pace...like when I was stocking cereal, I was given a bunch of boxes and told to put them away....easy, no problem. I even could check other cereals by eyeballing them and saying what we would need next so that way the person i was working with wouldn't have to come over and stress...but given ten different commands? yeah, not going to happen...

Comment

I'm a guy, and I have to admit that I fall under the "bad multitasker" aegis. The problem is, my boss loves to assign 20 different things to me at once and then wonder why they're not all done...That and, he looooves to check up on me every hour or two, delaying/distracting me further.

Funny thing is, tho, I can MT just fine if I have a video game controller in my hand...>_>
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, I definitely slow down a little at ringing people out when I'm on the phone, but it still gets done.

What always makes me chuckle is when kids ask their parents "Mommy why does that man have earrings? Only girls can have earrings!". I always stop and wait to hear their explanation. So far most of them have made me smile or chuckle, none have offended me (yet). I hear this about once a week or so.

I have 0 gauge holes in each ear, with eyelets inserted in them, and 6 gauge rings going through them.. used to be 1/2 inch holes with plugs. Yes, I'm into piercings and tattoos , though none of my tattoos are visible when I have a shirt on.

Comment

Working...
                              X