Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can multitask auditorially... I can hear two or three different voices, speaking at once, and separate and understand all of them. Most of the time, anyway... my sister in law's voice seems to override that, and I can't understand her half the time... which has lead to her 'jokingly' suggesting I must be deaf...
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
      actually, it's a biological fact that males aren't good at multitasking in general
      I would really enjoy reading the studies that back this statement up, if you wouldn't mind. Where and when did you read it?

Comment

"True or False: Women are better at multitasking, while men are better when concentrating on a single task from beginning to completion. True. Ruben Gur, PhD, and Raquel Gur, MD, PhD, at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, measured blood flow and activity in men's and women's brains, and they found repeatedly that women use more parts of their brains when given a wide variety of verbal and spatial tasks. They believe that this may contribute to women's ability to focus on a number of different things at one time."

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/8685

Comment

, measured blood flow and activity in men's and women's brains, and they found repeatedly that women use more parts of their brains when given a wide variety of verbal and spatial tasks.
          Thanks so much! Not quite sure that using "more" brain equals better but you've given me a good jumping off point for future reading. I appreciate it.

Comment

I'm male and I can multitask very well!

ETA: And I'm straight!

Comment

I can pat my head and rub my belly at the same time.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

it's not so sexist if it's based on physical factors.
                Actually, whether it's sexist or not has absolutely nothing to do with what it's based on. It's all about delivery. Keep that in mind.

As for multi-tasking, I can hold an IM conversation, take a phone call, read a manuscript for changes, and enter those changes in to the electronic copy of the document, while listening to music. Does that count as multi-tasking?
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

O.O

yes, yes that does.

you win.

Comment

Hi Broom long time no see!

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I can pat my head and rub my belly at the same time.
                    So can I!

Comment

Mr Zel is also good at multitasking. Or at least now he is, after Lil' Zel came along. Takes some multitasking when one has to give the baby a bottle while picking a cloth up from the floor with the toes - while on the phone...
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X