This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Surveys

I hate those surveys a potential employer makes you take. Especially those like "Agree/Disagree" ones. "It's important to always do as your supervisor tells you."

And you don't know what they mean. If you supervisor is telling you to clean up a spill, then yeah. If your supervisor is telling you to help him cover up his embezzlement scheme, then no. but no matter what you say, you don't know how your employer means the question. There's no one to ask, and no comment box to explain yourself.

I honestly think that those are a waste of space. Like you said, you do not know what they exactly mean on them.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I was told that i shouldn't go the middle of the road on those questions, but on a lot of them i did...because the answer is yes AND no...which shows that i can think for myself while considering the fact that i was ordered to do something...

there was a true case of some soldiers who were ordered to kill another soldier in his barracks...they did it, but only because they were ordered to and soldiers MUST obey or get labelled as deserters...they appealed to the judge, saying they'd accept their sentence only if the truth were known: it was the GENERAL who was the murderer, they were unwilling pawns who didn't know what else to do.

Comment

Oh, don't even get me started on those things. The last few jobs I applied for used them; I suspect some result in there is why my application was ignored. A lot of the questions are really context-dependent.

"Always obey one's superiors." Define "always". General tasks that I know I should be doing/clean up a spill or other mess yes, cover up something hinky/morally or ethically wrong/do something blindly that I know would end badly no.

Whatever happened to just being motivated, honest and able to do the work? Those tests claim they want you to be honest, but they accomplish just the opposite.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X