This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He complained anyway.

The other night I checked in a guest who called me back shortly from his room. He complained that the toilet clogged and was leaking and that his television was not working.

I immediately apologized and offered to move him into a new room. He declined stating he did not want to move. I told him I would check the satellite signal in the lobby since we had a winter storm pass through the day before. It was working so I called him back and asked if he would like me to come fix his tv. He declined.

Two days later there is a complaint on our website that he complained about these things. There was no mention of my valiant efforts to make him happy nor did he feel the need to mention my name as an employee who tried to help.

I just don't get it.

Ten bucks says nothing was actually wrong with his room, he's just looking to get comps and/or other freebies.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

What Kittish said, just a failed attempt at a freebie grab. Mentioning someone actually tried to help would weaken his already pathetic argument...

Comment

I hope you made lots of notes regarding his complaints or told the manager what was going on.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's a sucker bet, Kittish. That SC is quite transparent; IOW, his real complaint is that his scheme didn't work.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I worked in hotels in the early 00's and this cropped up so many times. 100% guarantees were new and quickly changed within a year to include the line "If we could not help fix the problem"

Thankfully it was finally changed because people absolutely took advantage of it. I had a guest wanting a full refund or they would call corporate because upon checkout they informed us of dust under the desk in the room ON the baseboard. It was on the word of the customer and against us.

Comment

You would think that corporate would realize that 100% guarantees (or as antisocial_worker called it, the "please steal from us" guarantee) are losers because SC's will abuse take advantage of it. All they have to do is look at any other corporation that once offered something similar and just how long it lasted before it was withdrawn.

In a perfect world these might work, but there are too many SC's around that ruin everything for everyone else...

Comment

Working...
              X