X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varying suckitude tonight

Would you like him to be rude instead??
    My coworker asked a guy "Do you need a gift receipt?" which was met with this gem: "What I need if for you to stop kissing my ass!" I have no idea what prompted that, but I now have proof that we can't win either way. If we're not nice enough they complain and if we're courteous they complain. Wow.

And how about you spend some time planning ahead so you don't stress about 2 extra minutes in line?
    Another coworker happened to know personally the customer she was helping and was chatting to her as she did so. Now, I've worked with her and have seen how she operates. She can scan and talk at the same time. The next person said, "How about you do a little less talking and a little more ringing people up?"

Just so you know.... I hate that phrase. It's a complaint, really. One woman said it followed by "...all the tables are dirty out here." Now, non-whiners will say, "Could I have a wet towel?...." and that predisposes me to help them out. This one I just said, "OK, thanks." I'd been running my butt off for the last hour and a half because we had an endless line, which was obvious, but not to her.
    And before that a coworker told me "...you're still out of coffee." I had just started, so I wanted to say, I'm not out of coffee; I just got here. Instead, I said, "OK, I'll try to get to it" and some lady gave me the dirtiest look. Well, maybe I could've phrased it better, but whatever.

People don't understand free stuff. Current promotion: be a card holder and get a free item. This lady was asking about some other item and I was confused. She said "Here, read this thing [sign stating the deal]." OK, I know the deal and I've read the sign, but I have no idea what you're talking about. She kept asking what she needed to buy to get the free item. I just wanted her to take her free stuff and go. It's really a just a brain burp, but I was kind of annoyed.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    "...all the tables are dirty out here."
    Okay, the way I picture the cafe, it's not full-service... It's like a mall cafeteria, or perhaps a coffee shop located inside a store, with chairs and tables but (this is key) no dedicated waitstaff. Am I thinking of this right? When I'm presented with a place like this, I bus my own table. I realize not everyone cares about other people, and they leave their garbage and food crap everywhere. But the absolute gall of people to storm up, upset that the nonexistent staff haven't cleaned up after the lazy people!

When I went to the Costco in Tacoma, (probably at the location in this city as well) the food court tables were messy, because it was so flipping busy they couldn't keep up with the slobs. So you know what we did? We threw away the garbage and quickly wiped it down with a paper towel. And the world did not end.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Would you like him to be rude instead?? I've worked with her and have seen how she operates. She can scan and talk at the same time. The next person said, "How about you do a little less talking and a little more ringing people up?"
      *sigh* I've had this type of comment too. And while I admit I'm chatty, I am working. I am busily scanning, bagging, and processing payment while carrying a conversation. And if you see me stop and stand there, it is because I'm waiting on my customer to finish swiping their card/dig through their purse for money/etc.

I honestly think some customers expect you to throw things off the belt instead of taking a moment to properly bag them. Heaven forbid you aren't scanning every single second.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

[B]
        Another coworker happened to know personally the customer she was helping and was chatting to her as she did so. Now, I've worked with her and have seen how she operates. She can scan and talk at the same time. The next person said, "How about you do a little less talking and a little more ringing people up?"
        Sorry but I have seen cashiers talk for a LONG time with their friends in line, and hold up their lines to do it. So I can understand the customer here.

Comment

That doesn't mean my coworker did.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
            Sorry but I have seen cashiers talk for a LONG time with their friends in line, and hold up their lines to do it. So I can understand the customer here.
            If the checkout operator had been talking but not working, I could understand the frustration. In this case, however, the operator was scanning and bagging at the same time as they were talking, so there was no delay for anyone in the queue behind them.

My only gripe would be that they served a friend. If my sister did that then she could get the sack; friends/family need to be redirected to another till as the chain are worried about the possibility of theft/fraud.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
            X