This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I hurt your manhood?

Ok my weekday job at the well and water conditioning supply house.
    Didn't think I'd have a story but...
    Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
    Congrats! I bet you still end up with some more stories though...
    Ok Real you win.

Well pump company calls and needs a 20HP submersible pump for a middle school that lost water. They need it now! The school is 40mi away toward the end of the day BUT it's about 10 mi from the house. Sweet, I can load up my car with the 3' long 150lb pump grab a 4' 30lb upper section, drop it off and be home at or before end of shift.
    So I do that.
    Suck 1 they said the wrong school, have to back track 5mi
    Suck 2 it wasn't the pump so they call me and say I may have hump it back
    Suck 3 go anyway because they might take it as a spare.

So I find a school maint van he leads me to the well site that involves cross country and over a soccer field. I meet the crew, brief murmuring and calls they will take it.
    OK the well drill looks and me and asks when it will be here- uh it's here in the car.
    All 6 guys give me the stink eye because I had it in my wife's Subaru Outback.
    It was not THAT big or heavy, I put the seat down, I know I'd have to turf some lawn and it's AWD. The school guy was happy it left less tire marks on the field then my Suburban would of. But they grumbled about taking out of my hatch and putting on the rig.
    ahhh.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 12-15-2015, 12:49 AM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Awwww. Were the crew at work upset at having to, you know, WORK?

Comment

What a bunch of ungrateful jerks!

Comment

Working...
      X