This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Shop: Please Go Home

You're car has just been towed in...you admit you saw the pot hole going 30 MPH, but didn't swerve. Both passenger front and rear tires are blown, and the rear tire is sitting at an angle usually reserved for a car with a much larger wing and a fart pipe. You're told it will take at least 24 hours to fix your car due to parts not in stock. You are offered a ride home...do you:

A) Take the ride with a hearty thank you?
    B) Take the bus?
    C) Call a cab?
    D) Decline offer of ride home and say you're just going to hang out and you'll want that ride home later in the afternoon when you're good and ready, then spread your entire home office all over my waiting room, come up to the front office desks and stand there staring without saying anything, and mumble and talk to yourself the entire time and stay for 8 hours?

If you picked D...ding ding ding you're a winner!! It didn't help that this guy gave off a weird energy and creeped out my assistant. It got to the point we had our male Service Manger deal with him, and he seemed to respond better to him than to both us women. Just when I was about to loose my mind he came up and announced he was done and that we would take him home now. *sigh*

That guy is ...

(Curl up your forefinger and tuck it on top of your thumb. Stick out the other three fingers and wiggle them. Move that hand around in the air in a random fashion.

It's a sign much more subtle than the One-Finger Salute. It's....)

A Flying A$$hole!
    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Ummm...no buddy - you DON'T get to pick when we take you home!

I'm shocked this was allowed to happen - Weirdo, meet bus or taxi...

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
        That guy is ...

(Curl up your forefinger and tuck it on top of your thumb. Stick out the other three fingers and wiggle them. Move that hand around in the air in a random fashion.

It's a sign much more subtle than the One-Finger Salute. It's....)

A Flying A$$hole!
        ROFLMAO!!! I just shot Kool-aid across my keyboard. Thank you for that!

Comment

You need to buy one of these:

The flying f*ck helicopter.
          I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Wow. I'd be grateful for a ride. I wouldn't even expect it.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Pretty thankful for how patient the courtesy ride guy was w me when my brakes went. Working as a baker, and sick to boot, dropped it off after a 12 hour shift because it couldn't wait, was dropped off at home to sleep, and then woken by a pounding on my door when he came back to pick me up later that afternoon. Didn't miss a night of work. Talk about concierge service!

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                Pretty thankful for how patient the courtesy ride guy was w me when my brakes went...Talk about concierge service!
                And sensible, decent people would be grateful for such a service, instead of demanding that the service center rearranges things to fit their liking, like the jerk in the OP. I too am surprised they didn't kick him to the curb, but then again, he would've gone whining to the boss and gotten some kind of reimbursement.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thankfully, I am the boss so he wouldn't have gotten any compensation. I guess I need to work on my shiny spine and show him to the door. The funny thing is, my lead mechanic used to be a bouncer so I could have had him bodily shown to the shuttle lol. Of course, then the cops might have been called, but it's funny in my head.

Comment

UGH, this happens often at our garage too. (towingcompany/garage/gasstation)

These people come in and suddenly live in the waiting room. My boss gets livid but never says anything. Gotta make a buck, make the customer happy.

Comment

JarethsPet...I'm so glad I'm not alone!!!

Comment

lol, I know right? We need to band together in our hatred of loiterers.

We went to a local mcdonalds last week and this one dude was sprawled out with a laptop and paperwork at one of the booths and he wasn't a manager or anything. Just hanging out.

Comment

There seems to be a certain flavor of SC who sees everywhere as their personal living area. I've posted repeatedly about people sitting on the floor of the store and spreading their crap around them to ponder. And the ones who really need to use the cutting counter to lay out their fabric, and unroll yards and yards, forcing everyone to work around them. Or they use the tops of shelves or displays (or the floor again) and decline my offer to bring them a shopping cart.

The last time I brought my car in, I figured I'd wait, and they pretty much didn't want me to stay. It's probably so people don't pester the front desk incessantly about when the car will be ready. So I took the shuttle and relaxed at home. Was a much better choice.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'll wait when I take my truck in but that's because the shuttle doesn't go out as far as I live, the closest dealership is an hour drive for me and since my truck is still under warranty that's where it goes. I'll take a book or my laptop with me and curl up in a chair in the waiting area and wait for them to come tell me it's done.

Comment

Dealership waiting rooms are laid out to give the folks working some distance from the customer using counters etc. We have not made those changes yet. I don't have a problem with customers hanging out usually, especially since most of our customers are pretty awesome, and we laugh and talk. This guy was a huge drain, constantly expecting attention and disrupting the usual flow of things. He knew his car wasn't going to be done until the next day but still decided our waiting room was better than home.

Comment

Working...
                              X