Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays winner is the guy who had to shoot 12ga 3" slug gun. It went something like this-
    https://youtu.be/h-Y-1iw_3JI
    Start at :29. I was able to catch him and the gun before it got as ugly.
    It wasn't like I didn't warn him. Best part is his buddy got it all on slow-mo.
    For some reason he wouldn't send it to me when I told him it would go on the net.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 12-14-2015, 09:57 AM. Reason: verbage
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I liked the recoil action at 3:34.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Wow... I was paranoid my first time at a range, but all it did was make my hands shake and not be able to shoot worth anything with the pistol. They let me try out a rifle, and that worked better for me. Still, I remember being intensely aware of every instruction. There was one guy who got kicked out because he wouldn't follow the "barrel always pointed downrange" instruction. (I took marksmanship as a college class, so we didn't have an instructor for each individual student.)

Comment

We sometimes went into the mountains to shoot, when we were camping. It's funny, because although this was a random group of friends, now that I see you guys talk about this rules, I realize we were doing things pretty much correctly. We always shot into a dirt hill. Areas which had been logged were good, since everything was bare, no trees or undergrowth. We always kept guns pointed at the sky, and the safety should always be on unless you are prepared to shoot now. No joking around. I wasn't a fan of pistols, I liked laying on my stomach and seeing how far away I could hit a target. Oh, for a fun read, look up Men at Arms. :P
          Last edited by notalwaysright; 12-20-2015, 06:36 PM.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

shooters will get this-

Good weekend, still have the same number of holes in my body as I started with. Had a group of 6 guys who are from NY. In that state they can't even let you hold a pistol till you buy it. How are you going to see if it fits your hand? None of them shot handguns before had no clue on what they wanted. So they came to part of the country that the entire US constitution still applies. 2 1/2 hours later, all of them could shoot 4" or all shots touching groups with everything from .22 to .44mag. I instructed, they listened and were amazed they could do so well right away. By the end I was giving them my advanced coaching that I rarely do outside of my time on the Navy Marksmanship team. They left me with a nice thank$. It was so refreshing.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
            X