Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You suck because I refuse to help myself!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You suck because I refuse to help myself!!

Twice this week I've had customers just completely go off the rails with me because they are being stubborn douches and basically getting in the way of fixing their problems.

- Douche #1 - Nice enough guy at the start, but then we got to the part where we'd have to do a master reset to fix his phone. Guy refuses to do the master reset, he doesn't want to lose his data. I assure him it can be backed up. NOT acceptable, he says, he wants me to find a way of fixing it without a reset.

Umm...what exactly do you think we've been doing for the past 15 minutes?? A reset is the last resort, we've already tried all possible options to fix it without having to do that and nothing has worked.

And now suddenly I'm useless, incompetent and don't know what the hell I am doing because I can't magically find some way to fix his phone without resetting it.

So we go around a couple of more times, guy is still refusing. So I straight up told him: "Sir, I have done everything I can. Because you are declining to go through with the reset we have no options on this. You can either complete the reset or simply put up with your phone the way it is."

Then he wanted a credit because suddenly <red checkmark> was "forcing" him to keep using a phone that wasn't working properly. DENIED!!

Then he wanted to speak to my manager. "Sorry, my manager does not take calls but you're welcome to send a written complaint."

Then he wanted to cancel his services, reasoning Short Run wireless had more reliable phones than we do.

- Douche #2 - This guy. OMG. He wants me to change one of his lines from one phone to a different phone while talking to me on said line AND he wants me to do so WITHOUT disconnecting the call or calling him back.

(I wish I was joking).

So we go around and around and around with me telling him what he wants is not physically possible. It can't be done. Oh the last rep told you we could do it? Well guess what, they were WRONG! Now you're saying I'm wrong and they aren't? Dude, I'm a manager. You don't get to be a manager while being wrong.

No, I can't transfer you back to the rep who told you that (as much as I'd LOVE to). No, I can't send you a free phone for the trouble I've caused you (seriously?).

Finally he told me if I can't do it for him then get him someone who can. I told him that'd be a neat trick, because there is NO ONE who can. He cussed me out and hung up.

I really hate people sometimes.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Back when I accepted my position at MajorBank, I was also entertaining a competing offer from Red Checkmark. Your stories make me glad I went with the bank position.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Boy, were you unhelpful! I'm utterly shocked you weren't also accused of RUINING THEIR CHRISTMAS!

Why is it people don't bother to listen to the advise they're given? And why is it I think I'm wasting time asking that question?

Comment

"He wants me to change one of his lines from one phone to a different phone while talking to me on said line AND he wants me to do so WITHOUT disconnecting the call or calling him back."

Okay, beyond being impossible, why was he so hung up about this? What a maroon!

Comment

Customers seem to think working at <red checkmark> gives you mutant superpowers over time, space, and physics.

PS...If it does, can you PM me? I'll go apply now!

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
            "He wants me to change one of his lines from one phone to a different phone while talking to me on said line AND he wants me to do so WITHOUT disconnecting the call or calling him back."

Okay, beyond being impossible, why was he so hung up about this? What a maroon!
            No, no, he wasn't hung up about it. In fact, he very emphatically was NOT going to be hung up about it.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              And now suddenly I'm useless, incompetent and don't know what the hell I am doing because I can't magically find some way to fix his phone without resetting it.
              - Douche #2 - This guy. OMG. He wants me to change one of his lines from one phone to a different phone while talking to me on said line AND he wants me to do so WITHOUT disconnecting the call or calling him back.
              Didn't Checkmark issue you a wand to wave to accomplish the physically impossible? [/End Sarcasm]
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Didn't Checkmark issue you a wand to wave to accomplish the physically impossible? [/End Sarcasm]
                Magic wands are on back order. I know, I've been waiting for mine for many years now.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You don't get to be a manager while being wrong
                  Well, maybe at YOUR company
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Magic wands are on back order. I know, I've been waiting for mine for many years now.
                    According to my cat, yardsticks are magic wands. Run them under furniture and toys appear.

(Why do we have no kitty smilies?)
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      You've been on CS for long enough to know that at least half of us have our minds in the gutter. Great job throwing out a straight line - you've been waiting for your Hitachi Magic Wand for years?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post

I only got a +20 headset of smiting. It had tinfoil cat ears.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          You've been on CS for long enough to know that at least half of us have our minds in the gutter. Great job throwing out a straight line - you've been waiting for your Hitachi Magic Wand for years?
                          I'm afraid to ask what goes through your mind when you read Harry Potter... (backs away slowly).
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            I'm afraid to ask what goes through your mind when you read Harry Potter... (backs away slowly).
                            Well they were fighting over Dumbledore' Elder wand...

Comment

I've had those calls (literally, exact same type of calls)

My response to the 2nd caller was simply, 'You know the bit in the IVR that tells you 'If you are calling from the phone you experiencing difficulties with, please hang up an call from another phone'?', when they answer in the affirmative, I just tell em, 'This is why...'
                              Dunno if your company has same thing...

Must be said, I think I can relate to pretty much all your posts, keep em coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X