X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Else Find This Excessive?

http://consumerist.com/2014/05/21/wa...fferent-cards/

A Walmart "customer" has _eight_ cards decline before the ninth succeeds (naturally it's stolen). His companion has _four_ cards decline before the fifth works (also stolen).

Look, one or _maybe_ two declined cards I can buy but _EIGHT_!?! That's _beyond_ a red flag, where is store security?

Busy being told not to chase people or do anything for fear of upsetting "customers."
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

They actually gave everybody at my store a test and one of the questions was:

What do you do when you see a suspected/known shoplifter?

A follow them and observe their behavior.

B call security.

C call a manager.

D call the police.

E both B & C

F B, C, & D

G do nothing.

H give them excellent customer service.

Guess which one they wanted us to choose, I like most SMART people chose E. The district manager and regional manager were "very upset" and "confused" as to why only 2 people out of everyone at our store chose the "correct" answer of H, since it was a test on knowledge of how to PREVENT loss and theft. Then again these are the same people who wanted us not to make certain security measures obvious or make them look like they didn't exist at all, they said the customers would feel like we didn't trust them.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Once they catch the criminals, I'm sure the people at the home office in Arkansas will probably send them a gift card for their inconvenience of having 8 cards declined

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
          Once they catch the criminals, I'm sure the people at the home office in Arkansas will probably send them a gift card for their inconvenience of having 8 cards declined
          The sad truth is this is probably what _will_ happen!

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
            They actually gave everybody at my store a test and one of the questions was:

What do you do when you see a suspected/known shoplifter?

A follow them and observe their behavior.

B call security.

C call a manager.

D call the police.

E both B & C

F B, C, & D

G do nothing.

H give them excellent customer service.
            :
            at my brief tenure at the local hellmart the loss prevention lady told us the correct answer for that question was E. so the fact your bosses say otherwise is distrubing. well E and then H
            Last edited by Sliceanddice; 05-23-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X