This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ugly Itch" Is Not Good On A Receipt.

So while I was busy working a fallen soldier story tonight my coworkers were out on a 'be careful what you write on the receipt' story. Apparently a customer must have pissed off a fellow at a (store I won't name here) and he wrote "ugly itch, ghettohood, usa, tattoville, Maryland" on the bottom. Needless to say, full freak out ensued.

Link to the story.

Oh, and to have a little stealth brag, this is what I shot instead.
    "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

I like how they glossed over the fact she was arguing about paying a legal tax.

No it wasn't right to call her names but... it's also not right to assume that pitching a fit is the adult way to deal with a county tax. Don't like it complain to the county - don't beat up the salesman for not caving in.

Comment

She refused to pay a $0.05 bag tax, and returned the item. What an EW!
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Returning a $20 item over a 5-cent tax? ooo-kay.

I won't condone the comments on the receipt, but I sure as hell understand them.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

All that brouhaha over a five cent BAG TAX?! It's ridiculous that she threw a bitch fit over something that the store has no control over. Aside from that, it was unprofessional of the sales rep to put ugly itch on the receipt.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Why didn't she forgo the bag and just carry the small box out with her?

However sucky she made have been about the bag tax, that receipt trumped it royally.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Good luck to the salesman in finding a new job. He may want to brush up on his typing skills though.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                However sucky she made have been about the bag tax, that receipt trumped it royally.
                This. IMHO lowering yourself to the customer's level is just plain unprofessional, regardless of the justification.

Comment

someone went and commented that the "customer is always right".

was tempted to reply but you can't fix stupid.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    someone went and commented that the "customer is always right".

was tempted to reply but you can't fix stupid.
                    I am not as good about resisting temptation. I replied

Comment

I saw the teaser for this the other day but missed the story. I live near Hillandale (part of Silver Spring / White Oak area.) I've never been to a RS since moving here though.
                      Testing
                      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

The guys at the RS by my work were amazing when I needed a new USB cable for my external hard drive. And I had my backpack with me so I didn't need a bag (I don't remember if I got one anyways or not, it's been a while).
                        I live is Baltimore (and work just outside the city proper in the county). We don't have a bag tax... yet. But we seem to be amping up for it. I dread the sheet numbers of sucky customers we'll get considering the amount we have just from asking customers if they'd like a bag (instead of just giving them one).
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

All those comments saying "she wasn't rude," and "you don't know how she acted" are off the mark. I seriously doubt the store employee would have gone that far if she had been only a tiny bit annoyed. No, he shouldn't have done that, but I agree with those who said she probably made a huge scene. Of course she's not going to admit to it.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

of course not. then she would clearly resemble the receipt.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              of course not. then she would clearly resemble the receipt.

It still doesn't excuse what the employee did . . . as we all know, we retail peons are supposed to maintain a high moral standard while at work. What he did was basically stoop to her level and that made the company (as well as the employee himself) look bad.

I do think she threw a major bitchfit in the store . . . if she had been only slightly annoyed, she'd have shut up and either paid the extra 5 cents or not taken a bag.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X