No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at the front of the line for the SCO and there's an open space so I'm walking towards it. I see another lady walking, and she cuts in front of me and slows down so I accidentally clip the back of her shoe. I apologize, and she walks to stand next to someone who is already at a SCO. So at least she wasn't trying to cut in line.

But honestly lady, is this your first time in a public place? Did you expect me to telepathically sense your erratic pace and dodge you? No, you didn't think at all, probably didn't even see me until I had the audacity to not get out of your path. I finish my transaction, and the attendant is now helping you and your friend for who knows what reason.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Opening line to a YouTube video: "In space, no one can hear you meow ..."
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• There's a point at which piles of money just looks like a bunch of paper. And you start wondering how many hands have touched it ;p
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Am watching a very short video where the guy is relating some weird U.S. laws ... apparently in Nebraska, it is illegal to go whale fishing.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• HBO is supposedly making a bunch of Game of Thrones spinoff series. But all I want is a sitcom where Tormund and Brienne get married and have a bunch of kids and it's about their daily home life.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I know I have little tolerance for booze, but I honestly did not expect to get buzzed from one glass of hard cider XD

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I know I have little tolerance for booze, but I honestly did not expect to get buzzed from one glass of hard cider XD
                What brand is it?

Asking for a friend ...
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  I know I have little tolerance for booze, but I honestly did not expect to get buzzed from one glass of hard cider XD
                  Heh. For a long time I was playing billiards weekly at a bar with a friend. I'd get a single beer and nurse it, because I'm a cheap drunk, and half a beer is my "sweet spot" for playing billiards. But since I don't drink much, I'd be trying out the various draft beers from the ever-changing list on the sign...

Every so often I'd be like "whoa, what happened here?", look over to the sign, and realize I was drinking something with 8% or 10% ABV.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    What brand is it?

Asking for a friend ...
                    It was something local, I don't remember the name. We have tons of new craft breweries opening in the last couple of years here. At one time my town had something like 101 breweries (some of the old grain elevators are still standing along the river from those days) and we seem to be on track to have at least that many again

Comment

• I was thinking and I realized why I feel let down by the last couple GoT episodes. It's because I can see the writers' hands at work. I can see them sitting at the table, figuring out how to move people into place. I can see them plotting. With really good writing, you don't see the author at all. The plot grows organically out of the characters' natures and the choices they make. It feels grown, not written. I can see you, GoT writers. And you need to disappear next season.

Comment

• It's pouring outside. Normally I love rain ... but the garage door doesn't work properly (it comes down to about a foot above the ground and then grinds to a halt), and my car has developed a leak ... right over the driver's seat.

So I've propped an open umbrella in the car to re-direct the water to the floor (I hope). And somebody is coming out tomorrow to look at the garage door.
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Some days you're just going along like normal and then you find out TAKASHI MIIKE HAS A BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL MOVIE AND OMG

Comment

• Why is mom seemingly obsessed with how many times a particular news anchor smiles? This is getting weird.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• So my brother "rings" me (at my request) so we can do some Factime about Mom's estate and timelines and whatnot ... and I've got YouTube running in the background ... and he connects just in time to hear the narrator on YouTube say something about "a bullet to the head."

Brother: "Uh ... should I call 911??"
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I am continuously tickled by the fact that the Pokemon Sun/Moon version of Dugtrio has beautiful golden hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X