No announcement yet.

Brandy, the Paranoid Mortgage Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if we get the money from the housing assistance, Brandy will still be due for October 1st. Branch Manager has been working with a lawyer on foreclosures/evictions for this customer and also the squatter. But I don't know if there's an update from them yet.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

If I read it right, she'd be caught up to Oct 1, but again, the immediate purchases involve more chems. (Withdrawal is a stone BITCH from all accounts) Keeping current will be even harder, as she's found OTHER people/programs to pay for stuff and keep her home paid for, so she doesn't even have to think about paying the bank, so she can just blow that money now. Actually completing the paperwork and getting things done... require mental clarity (not likely while on chems), and/or someone in her face, keeping her on task.

One of the fun thoughts that wander through my mind about the 101 different phones and numbers a year... I can't help but wonder if these are stolen, 'borrowed', or shady-purchased phones that work for a little while before the owners get them shut off, or get shut off for non-payment.

Comment

Unsurprisingly, the phone number Brandy gave me last week isn't working any more. That's six different phone numbers in the past year.

Yeah, Buzzard, I would not be surprised if she's buying phones online that are either broken or stolen when she buys them.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

. . . Assuming she's *paying* for them. >_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Right. She *claims* she's paying for them. $200 for the last one, she said. But who would trust anything she says?

The reason I was trying to call Brandy, besides that we haven't received that COVID housing assistance money she was supposed to get, is that property taxes are due this month in our county. Brandy escrows for property taxes and insurance, but since she's so far past due, there's no funds in her escrow. I figured I'd do the nice thing and call her to let her know we weren't paying the property taxes. "This number is unreachable." Ok, I was going to send her a letter, anyway. But she says she doesn't receive her mail. And even if she does, I doubt she reads it.

ETA: Just found out Brandy called and spoke to one of the lenders at the main branch. Ranting about how the banks are in cahoots with the realtors, and the sheriff is going to come throw her out of her house so the bank can get it back and work with a realtor to sell it out from under her, etc. etc. The lender recognized Brandy's name from our loan meetings, so she just let her ramble until she wore herself out. The fact that Brandy found the number for the main branch means she either has internet or she's actually getting her mail. Branch Manager and I had a good chuckle over this. Now that lender knows what we're dealing with when Brandy calls. lol
            Last edited by Ghel; 10-07-2020, 04:18 PM.
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

I've been reading this whole thing and I kind of feel sorry for her, but only just so much. It was her choice to start using drugs, but once addicted, well, it's damn hard to get off of them. And it's got to be frightening to be at risk of losing your house (I am still not 100% sure I'm going to be able to keep mine). But right now, the drugs are running her life, that's all that really matters, and until that changes, she's never going to clean up her act.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel, too. Drugs do terrible things to your brain, but it was her choice to start them. And even though drugs might influence how she responds to us, it's still her choice to yell and scream at us. I can't force her to do anything, but if she doesn't continue paying, she's going to lose her house. She keeps saying she can't live there any more because of her stalker, but she hasn't moved out yet.

We finally got the payment from the COVID housing assistance this week. That catches her up to October 1, so she's already 14 days past due.

So I called Brandy to give her an update. The latest number she gave us is working again. She said she's living in a neighboring state, but she doesn't have a mailing address for us yet. She's only been there a couple days, you see. Her stalker ran her out and she's staying with friends. She'll call the Main Branch with her new address once she has it for us.

She has run away to this state a few times before, but she always comes back. So I suspect she just needed a few days away and she'll be back in a week or two.

After I updated Brandy to let her know we received the COVID assistance funds and that I sent her a letter about not having enough in her escrow to pay her property taxes (which she received, so she's getting her mail again), she started rambling and ranting. This is as close to coherent as I can make it:

He wanted me to deal drugs with him. He sent someone to my house to rape me. I want to take another hair test to prove I had date rape drugs in my system. I took a piss test right in front of him and it didn't show meth, but it showed amphetamines, which is GHB. [] The first guy was murdered. The second guy was murdered. The third guy was my ex-husband, and he was run off the road and his wife was killed. Six families that I know of have been run out of town. There's satanic cults all over town. My friends saw it on the internet. They told me I need to get out of there. How many times are they going to sell the same fucking house? How long did the previous owners live in that house before they were run out? [I have no clue, Brandy.] I only had this phone 20 minutes and already my stalker was texting me. The sheriff must have given him my number. Or it's because he stole my old phone that had the same number. I agreed to spend a day with him so he would leave me alone for a few days. It's the only way I can get any peace.
                Towards the end, she started into her conspiracy theory again about the bank working with her stalker (I guess) to run people out of town so they could sell the houses out from under them. I ended the call then. It's amusing to let her ramble while I can just respond "wow," but when she starts accusing me and my coworkers of things, it's time to hang up.
                Last edited by Ghel; 10-15-2020, 02:56 PM.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Meth is short for Methylated amphetamines. Amphetamines are uppers. GHB is a downer, and completely different. She's spun up in her own stories. I wonder how many of the 'murder victims' in her story would be confused/amused by reports of their demise.

And by 'her stalker texting her' on a 20-minute old number... any bets on whether that was someone who knew the phone's owner from 30 minutes ago?

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                    Meth is short for Methylated amphetamines. Amphetamines are uppers. GHB is a downer, and completely different. She's spun up in her own stories. I wonder how many of the 'murder victims' in her story would be confused/amused by reports of their demise.

And by 'her stalker texting her' on a 20-minute old number... any bets on whether that was someone who knew the phone's owner from 30 minutes ago?
                    Yeah, the stories are so confusing. I almost laughed into the phone when she got confused on the drug names.

As for the phone number / texts thing... if she is using her old phone number on her new phone... the phone number her stalker already had for her... of COURSE he has it already! He had that number before she switched phones!
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

I'm getting a message that Brandy's new-old number is unreachable. I'm not sure if she's blocked us or if she hasn't paid the bill.

For her sake, I hope it's the former. She has a "for sale by owner" sign out in her yard. It looks like she took a couple of the stakes from the fence she was using for her dogs and used packing tape to attach signs to it. One says "moving sale" and she's written in something like "ain't mon shit make offer" in terrible handwriting. The other, just below, is the "for sale by owner" sign that has the cell number written in - the one I'm getting is unreachable.

The price she's got written on these signs seems reasonable, but I don't know why anyone would want to deal with someone who writes unhinged screeds on their for sale sign.
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                        ... she's written in something like "ain't mon shit make offer" in terrible handwriting.
                        OK, now we need to see that. Please be so kind as post it if you're allowed to do so. Feel free to edit it as needed to remove any identifying information
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Unfortunately, by the time I went by there yesterday, the rain had smeared all the writing. I'll just have to take my CW's word for it.

ETA: This afternoon, I got a rather disturbing and unhinged phone call from Brandy.

She's living in a hotel in Cheeselandia because of all the bullying. I also found out later from her mom that Brandy's supposedly getting therapy. Supposedly, she couldn't get into therapy in our state, so she had to go to Wisconsin.

Brandy told me that she gave the keys to some guy that she's been sleeping with. (I don't care about that part.) He's going to start remodeling. What sort? She doesn't know. When is he moving in? She doesn't know. He's traveling for work and doesn't know when he'll get back. So the house is empty right now? She hopes so!

Oh, BTW, she's selling all the appliances so she can pay the loan. How much does she expect to get? (I wanted to know how many payments it would cover.) "However much you can get for appliances in Shitland up there." How does she plan to make payments? Don't know. Is she still getting unemployment? Yeah, but she's using it all to pay for her hotel room. Her plans for the house? "I'll put the carpet back in, the roof back on, and paint it lime green like it was when I moved in. Then when you take it back from me, you can have the house the same way it was when I bought it."

I tried to explain that the bank wanted to know who was living in the house, how the payments were going to be made, and whether it was going to remain insured. But she hung up on me in the middle of that.
                          Last edited by Ghel; 11-10-2020, 07:24 PM.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Brandy has been speaking with various people in our main branch, starting with Ted and another loan officer, escalating to the bank president, and most recently the chair of the board. It sounds like the chair caught her on a good day, because she promised to send a couple of payments and even send in a key to the house so we could get it listed for sale for her (as long as we don't use the realtor who's part of her conspiracy theory).

We'll see how long she remains lucid and if she actually follows through with her promises.

ETA: BM spoke with one of the local realtors about selling the house. She was the one Brandy hired this summer to sell the house. (Not sure if she's the one in Brandy's conspiracy theory.) She said she had the house sold THREE times this summer, but each time, Brandy backed out. No explanation of why.

The realtor wanted to know if the house was in a saleable condition. We don't know. She wanted to know if she could have access to the house. We haven't received the key yet. BM wanted to get an idea of how much the house would sell for, but the realtor wasn't able to say without seeing the condition inside. She also asked about drugs in the house (apparently she's aware of Brandy's reputation). BM wasn't able to say.
                            Last edited by Ghel; 11-25-2020, 08:27 PM.
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                              *snip*

"I'll put the carpet back in, the roof back on, ...."
                              She'll put the roof back on?! WTF??
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

She had new shingles put on the house. Had it re-roofed. It was an empty threat to tear off the new roof.
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X