This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaawkward ...

I have no TV and watch a LOT of YouTube. Every so often I run across videos put out by the law firm I worked for, parttime, for six months.

Jeez Louise ... those guys are more uncomfortable in front of a camera than I am.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I'm always on youtube. My TV doesn't get digital. Sometimes I see ads for my company. It's a little weird.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Same here. YT and Netflix are essentially my TV providers
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Amazon Prime, too.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'd love to get streaming services. But my neighborhood (for now) I'm stuck with really, really slow Internet.

There is a company that does "Fixed Wireless", but I don't know how reliable it is, and I don't know if 50Mbps is enough for streaming, considering we'd have at least four or five devices connected to it at once from time to time.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

A couple years ago, Big Green Cab Co decided it needed to advertise, for some reason. They paid someone to make some radio ads and a couple tv commercials. I saw one on Youtube. Once.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

YouTube ads are scary sometimes. For a while, I was getting Arby's ads that would tell me the address of the nearest Arby's at the end, with a map even! (Though not directions from my location, thankfully.)
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                ... I don't know if 50Mbps is enough for streaming, considering we'd have at least four or five devices connected to it at once from time to time.
                Evidently 2.5Mb/s works for 720p video, so 5Mb/s should be fine for 1080p. In that case, an actual 50Mb/s should suffice for 10 devices. But the advertised speed is not always available....

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-...p-youtube.html
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

The YouTube advertiser that annoys me the most to date is Honey ... that stupid app that basically does price-searching for you because otherwise "you have to do actual WORK" to find what you want and comparison-shop.

Top o' the list of First World problems for whiny little snowflakes.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                  X