This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falls

I fell down two stairs last night, onto a concrete walkway. I’ve already got a paralyzed leg, and my AFO was a little loose. So, when I fell, fortunately, i fell on the opposite side of my injured leg, and my right arm was pretty badly injured.

I chose to go to the ER on the off chance my arm was broken, which I doubted, after some assessments I made, but hairline fractures are hard to self diagnose.

The ER was a ghost town, so I was able to get in and out within 2 hours!! I joked with the nurses and doctor, and got X-rays, and found my elbow is sprained, so havrvto was in a sling for a few days.

Ouch, take care of yourself!

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry. How painful.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It’s really painful today; probably exacerbated by my having to drive to Atlanta and back, so I’m elevating it today, and getting it checked again tomorrow.

Comment

Must be the season for it. I also took a fall; Christmas day. No visible damage, but boy, do I feel like shit today.

Took a look today at the spot where I fell; apparently I got lucky. Four inches one direction or six the other direction and I'd possibly have broken my neck.

Get better soon, Erinesque.

Comment

We have steep and skinny stairs to the front door of our apartment. Up is bad enough, because if you carry much of anything, those things bounce off the railings. Down, on the other hand, is becoming terrifying for me, due to ankle misbehavior and a general sense that I'm bouncing off the railings and about to fall down them..... Not enjoying this too much.

Comment

Sounds like we all need to be wrapped in bubble wrap!

Nine days on, and it’s still hurting quite a lot, that I suspect that it may be a “bone bruise”, which means nothing more than a longer healing time.

I hope you’re beginning to feel better now, Morgana. Love the Arthurian name, btw.

That sounds quite scary, Minflick!

Comment

Working...
              X