This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Math?

Fucking A I know it's not much but I'm a lowly homebased gun dealer but it matters. I get rollin what else are they going to screw me over on? I have a 2K order I may get to put in some day, this adds up.

Ordered some ammo for $250. Paid CC- yea hit me with the sur charge like most everyone else, no prob I factor that in.
    So What the freaking common core am I getting charged $260. All my math says 3% of 250 is 7.50. 4% is 10

I email custy service. I get back
    All of our prices are cash advertised prices. When you pay with anything other than cash, check, or money order the price is 3% higher. If you go to our terms and conditions it is explained there. It is also listed during the checkout process in numerous locations. If you have any other questions please let me know.

I send back- I get that, but 3% of 250 is 7.50 not 10.
    Please call Alexa at ext 208 concerning your order

Yea tried that. no one picks up.

Am I wrong? 4% is $10

1000 rds of .303 in a wood crate can't be too cheap to ship but now it make me question the $30 shipping. Fuck it I'll stick with dist. that are honest on the fees. Or at least only charges the listed %
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

I don't Math (that's why I'm a writer lol) but according to Google it is $7.50.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

So the final excuse is they did the ad wrong. For some reason according to them it's priced out by the round, (no one sells bullets by ea) and it was in the system for .26 a round. but again $250/1000 is .25ea. But they say they took it off of shipping.
      what ever
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Yea, right. Find a new supplier. An honest one.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Nah, the more they 'massage the numbers' and shuffle things around... Nope, it'll be cheaper to go with a more expensive, but honest dist., if for no other reason than your time spent tracking down mystery fees and crap.

Comment

Was this resolved? Because their explanation is that they made a mistake and expect you to eat it. Not to mention, it took a number of emails and phone calls to even get that explanation.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yes/No. The crate was heavy as fuck.

1000 rounds still in org pack from 1942 England. Quick wipe and they are good to go.
              They can have that 3.50, I put this on a FFL only forum and found out this isn;t the first time thet did this shit. But it will be the last with me. Unless they offer this again for a little less.
              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Math. Not even once.
                Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 08-04-2018, 02:40 AM. Reason: Fixing link
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Fixed that for you.

Comment

Great this place has a good deal on some guns. I said never again but if I can make money....
                    AkaiKitsune

Comment

What they lose on deep discounts, they gain on mysterious little charges and 'accounting errors' that you'll never spend the time/money to finally chase down.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                        Great this place has a good deal on some guns. I said never again but if I can make money....
                        SOG?

You going to Knob Creek in October?
                        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

No
                          and I wish.
                          AkaiKitsune

Comment

I I ordered my gun part from them, and they charged the correct amt this time.
                            Still got me on shipping but $50 for a barreled receiver is not bad on a gun just the barrels are going for $130.
                            AkaiKitsune

Comment

With that kind of deal, you'd better check extra careful that you are actually getting the parts you are ordering. If you're not lucky, they may be for some other stupid-cheap gun instead. If you're super unlucky, they could be made out of chewing gum and twine. (Or something that acts as such the first time you try to use it.)

You've been in the car parts business--think of how many times you've seen a "good deal" that turned out to be unusable for many varied reasons, mostly because the parts were crap?
                              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X