Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does The Litter Box Have In Common With a Desert?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth csquared View Post
    I have lined a 55 gallon trash can before. I need to double bag it.
    Trashcans! I was racking my brain trying to think of large containers we all have that can easily be lined with a bag... Just do make sure it's a heavy duty bag of the correct size, because 55 gallons is (calculating.gif) over 450 pounds! That sucker's only going to stretch so far...
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      I did the tub thing once, the next mornig, the tub was empty. Make sure the drain is sealed.

I have lined a 55 gallon trash can before. I need to double bag it.
      or you can get one of these things https://www.amazon.com/WaterBOB-Emer.../dp/B001AXLUX2

Comment

Filling the trashcan doesn't really need that hefty a bag, so long as the bag is big enough that the can is taking the strain, and not stretching under the water. Ideally, the can takes all the load, while the bag just provides the clean water-tightness.
        TLDR: Just use a too-big bag.

Comment

dawnfire -- Yup! That's what I was thinking of; I just couldn't think of the name Thanks!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Friday wasn't any better at work . . . we were slammed from the time we opened the doors at 7 until at least when I left out around 1:15.

The water we had received on Wednesday night's grocery truck was gone. One pallet of Fancy Store Brand spring water came on that morning's perishable truck, but it was gone. The shelves were a wreck.

I wanted to get some more vienna sausages but the section they are in is wiped out completely - we may have had a little bit of spam left and a couple of stray cans of potted meat, everything else gone. Made checking dates on that section easy . . .

And the call outs started before we opened. Our 7 o'clock cashier had already called out before I walked in the doors. I spent the first hour up front mostly, helping Larry get customers checked out or filling up the cigarette racks at the customer service desk until others could come in.

Had one guy at the register while Larry was trying to get the customers rang up and on their way tell him "I want HER to check me out," he declared, pointing at me filling up the cigarettes. "She's cuter than you are."

Larry quickly stepped back, he and everyone else in line were almost doubled over laughing. It was all I could do to keep from falling over myself - we were all so overcome.

But I did go over and get that one guy checked out and on his way, we were laughing the entire time while Larry stood by and bagged up his items.

No more water had come in that morning on the Pepsi truck, either. They were completely out of Aquafina at their warehouse (probably having to divert to the coastal areas being slammed) and all my vendors made it in by 12 except for Jamiebear (who texted me that their warehouse was closing at 12 noon and all route drivers had to have their trucks off the road and back at the warehouse and go home for safety reasons.)

We'll see how bad the shelves are on Monday when I go back . . . but there again, Ma's on vacation, so I'll be dealing with the price changes all week.

Luckily too, didn't get to see any suck yesterday . . . most people were understanding when they'd ask for items we didn't have out and we'd have to explain that we were being emptied faster than we could get product back in to refill.

And on that note, the dryer timer is about to go off and I need to get these sheets out before they wrinkle up again. *sigh*
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Last weekend when I went to work at the Warehouse, people were steadily getting water that the management team had put up signs stating that due to the hurricane coming, only two things of water per membership card. I managed to snag a couple. This was last Saturday, the next day -- Sunday -- we were completely out of water. Except, of course, the "high end" water. I went to a few other places last Monday, shelves were starting to get bare -- some people were thinking ahead.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Wait, are all these people STAYING in their homes? I thought with an evacuation order, people got the hell out, and I've been told that if you evacuate you don't usually buy supplies because you're going somewhere where supply is not a problem.

Just wondering...
              There are people on FB complaining about being "forced to evacuate because of a summertime thunderstorm".
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Last Night

I watching the news report of the number of people being rescued being so high because so many of they thought they could ride out the storm and next find out that they can't.

See: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tropica...ay-2018-09-15/

Comment

Working...
                X