This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    But... But... But watching them run around after getting their head stuck through the handles is the funniest part!!!
    The lambs ran right smart when I tied a bucket to them... Until they went onopposite sides of a tree...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You are both very bad people who will probably come to bad ends.

LOLOL!!!

Not sure if I should risk posting this, but back when I was a kid, we had candy that popped in your mouth. Not sure if Pop Rocks are still around, but they also would stick to a cat's fur if licked first and kitty is sleeping. The first thing a sleeping cat does when waking is a quick groom. While they are grooming, they will use their mouth to pull things that are stuck to their fur off. Into their mouth. Then they run around in a most entertaining fashion until they are tired or their mouth stops popping and give them selves a quick bath...

As I recall, I was grounded for a month after I put 5 on my mom's snotty cat.

Comment

I once had a yearling bull calf get out of the pasture and into my parts yard. He stuck his head through an old worn out 15-inch truck tire. An hour to catch him and then another two hours to cut the tire off. I have pictures somewhere it was quite funny.
        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Those plastic grocery bags are exactly the right size to line wastebasket that holds the used kitty litter. I would have to buy bags for that purpose if I didn't have a few around. I don't collect them, but housemate does. Really, after I'd remembered the reusable ones four or five times, it became a habit.

I have to say, from the cashier's point of view many bags are not as easy to set up and fill. I have a couple that are strong, but not stiff, so they don't stay upright and open. The plastic coated paper fiber ones tend to close along their pre-creased lines. My best heavy canvas one sets off the warning sensor at the self checkout even after I press the "i brought my own bag" button. On the whole, though the fewer bags I have to tote into the house and throw away, the better.

I do wonder, any place other than a grocery store, if walking in with you own reusable bag makes Loss prevention folks crazy.

Comment

Huh

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
            You are both very bad people who will probably come to bad ends.

LOLOL!!!

Not sure if I should risk posting this, but back when I was a kid, we had candy that popped in your mouth. Not sure if Pop Rocks are still around, but they also would stick to a cat's fur if licked first and kitty is sleeping. The first thing a sleeping cat does when waking is a quick groom. While they are grooming, they will use their mouth to pull things that are stuck to their fur off. Into their mouth. Then they run around in a most entertaining fashion until they are tired or their mouth stops popping and give them selves a quick bath...

As I recall, I was grounded for a month after I put 5 on my mom's snotty cat.

You are a bad, bad boy. Now where can I find these pop rocks.

Comment

Some stores here are trying to phase out plastic straws; Green Siren Coffee has developed a lid that actually works for both hot and iced drinks, and the coffee bars at my store have transitioned to bamboo-fiber straws. Only marginally better than paper straws when it comes to durability; definitely not an option if you tend to 'savor' iced drinks. I've invested in a package of silicone straws for that purpose.

I'd say that people shopping into reusable bags does drive LP nuts; a local natural market has a big sign by the handbaskets "Take a basket; please do not shop into your bags". I wouldn't doubt that reusable bags--some people bring opaque rolling canvas things, with a frame so it's very hard to tell what's inside--were behind the most recent losses from Housewares (overall a couple thousand dollars worth of various very pricey things, the majority are fairly small and concealable but someone managed to walk off with a couple electric mixers and kettles).
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-28-2018, 01:41 AM.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

The grocery stores around here sell reusable bags that stand up on their own fairly well. I remember at least one has a hook, and another has a cutout which I assume could be used to hook on the metal part of the checkout that holds plastic bags up.

Oh yeah, straws are going to be gone, at least from the city to the south of me. I'll admit to being a bit cranky about this (it hasn't come to my city yet, but it will) but even if I'm put out, I won't be cranky at any store level employee about it. I mean, I don't miss plastic grocery bags. I never used them for kitty litter, because they always had holes in them. But I'll miss plastic straws. I like them.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                  You are a bad, bad boy. Now where can I find these pop rocks.
                  I hate to say this [highlight to see]: Pop rocks can be used for other more fun purposes nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean

On another note those plastic bags make perfect doggie poop cleanup bags
                  Last edited by Racket_Man; 09-28-2018, 05:20 AM.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Why oh why

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    I hate to say this [highlight to see]: Pop rocks can be used for other more fun purposes nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean

On another note those plastic bags make perfect doggie poop cleanup bags
                    Did you have to make me have such dirty thoughts like that. You are a bad boy. And guess what? So am I too now.

Comment

Working...
                    X