This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast & a show

Our first customer this morning almost got the cops called on her and if she ever shows up again, we will call them!

It started out normal, she wanted to return a bag of dog food. But she doesn't have a reciept, so no cash refund. She argues a bit, but the desk manager points out that since she did not wait on her and she has no receipt, there is no proof of purchase and therefore no cash refund.

Customer gets a little upset, but eventually leaves with her dog food and all is well, right?

About 15 minutes later, one of the girls who works up front calls in to tell the manager that the customer just came to her house and wanted her to tell the store to give her her money back!

A few minutes later the customer returns and expects her money back because the girl told them she waited on her. One problem, the customer did not buy the dog food, her mother did. Why? Because as I later learned, she has a history of returning things to stores when she doesn't have enought money to buy drugs.

She and the manager have a good argument, the customer calls the manager a b!tch! and takes off before the manager could call the cops.

The manager did call the police a little later and learned the customer has a couple warrants for her arrest and we are to call the police if she shows up again.

Well, that was fun and now back to inventory
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

What ridiculous, self-centered behavior. Some people think the world owes them whatever they want and see it as perfectly justifiable to badger off-duty employees in their own homes.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
      About 15 minutes later, one of the girls who works up front calls in to tell the manager that the customer just came to her house and wanted her to tell the store to give her her money back!
      is right. How did the nut roll find out where she lived?! I would have the girl file a report as well if the manager didn't tell them about this (or even if they did).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        is right. How did the nut roll find out where she lived?! I would have the girl file a report as well if the manager didn't tell them about this (or even if they did).
        If the Nut Job knew the girl's last name, then I doubt it was hard for her to find the address. This is one of the reasons that I don't give out my last time to my customers. I would politely decline, or give them a fake name. One person I worked with went a step farther and gave the subscriber a fake first name. Our Boss knew about it and was understanding. if someone compliant or had a complement for "Buzz"(real name he used) then they knew who it was.
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

If I were that cashier, I'd seriously look into a restraining order. That kind of behavior is scary, and can lead to something far more dangerous.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

This is why my parent's address wasn't in the phonebook when I was growing up. My mom used to work with the juvenile courts, sometimes having to remove children from unsafe home environments. One father decided my mother was personally responsible for his kid being taken away. He went to our home and phoned from outside, describing our living room and threatening the life of my sister and myself. Mom was so terrified that they took their address out of the phonebook and haven't put it back in since.
            "Any free samples?"
            "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

WOW.

I think this puts into perspective some of the pests I dealt with today.

At least they aren't in my living room, right?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

This sort of thing is the reason I dislike policies that force employees to give out even their first names. I can't count how many times I have had SCs that think knowing my first name gives them some sort of 'great power' over me. Oh you didn't fill my glass Xway full.... Well Pyxee I think I need to talk to your manager about you. Bleh.

Comment

That's scary! I never give away my last name, because I know that I'm the only one in the world with my name and if someone had my full name they could find me in about two minutes! Even my first name is uncommon, so I don't really like the fact that it shows up on customers' bills.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                    Wow! I've never had a sucky customer show up at my home. However, I did have a former manager send a customer to my house to ask me if I'd come in to cover a graveyard shift after I ignored repeated phone calls from the store where I worked at the time. I knew that the person who was scheduled to work must have called in, but I'd been up all day working on some personal projects I'd wanted to accomplish because I was expecting to have the night off per the schedule.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

When I was working at Nordstrom, we had a serious problem one time. The husband of the manager of the department next to ours (we were women's sleepwear, they were daywear which was women's underwear, so we were always getting calls for each other), who was an undercover detective. The head of a local drug gang found out who he was and found out where he lived and then found out about his family. For several weeks, until we received word that he was arrested, we could not tell anyone that we did not know that called or came in if that manager was in the store or off work or anything about her location. We had to just take a message. Thankfully, they did arrest him and most of his higher ups within about six weeks. But it was a very scary six weeks.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Corp. decided that our FT and PT Mangers and FT Sups have to wear a name tag with first and last name. All other employees are only know by a first name.

Comment

Working...
                        X