This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.

Easily the largest bill I have ever seen. Found it on the internet. It is for 6 people!

Click image for larger version

Name:	VJ6Cq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	2033544
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

12 dollars for one glass of water. What in the blue thundering fuck?
    (I find it somewhat amusing that a cappuccino costs 9$ there)

Comment

Here's the menu from that restaurant:

http://www.nellorestaurantnyc.com/menu.php
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Saw that elsewhere fairly recently myself. The real kicker (for me) was that it's not even dinner, it's a late lunch.

Comment

Sheesh, talk about a pricey place. The $9 cappuccino is amusing, as is the $18 for a cup of vegetable soup (minestrone di verde, veggie soup with pesto).

I think what amuses me the most from that bill is the breakdown before taxes and tip
          $35,000 on alcohol but only $1,641 on actual food.

At $5,000 per bottle, that works out to about $1000 per glass.

Comment

A rather indifferent middle of the road italian restaurant with outrageous prices.

On that note, I got given the bible of modernist cuisine in ebook form as a christmas/birthday present. With a little tweaking, I will be able to make pretty much anything I can find the lab equipment for. I already know how to safely handle liquid nitrogen. We won't have to get stuck with some outragous bill for eating a few ounces of puff, powder and gel instead of a nice thick steak and an arthichoke...
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That lunch would pay my grocery bills for the next SEVENTY YEARS.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                That lunch would pay my grocery bills for the next SEVENTY YEARS.
                How do you get your grocery bill down to around $700/year? If I were to, 3 times per day, get what's (for me) an expensive meal at a truck stop restaurant, that lunch would pay to feed me for over 2 years.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's NYC - so I'm not at all surprised. Prices there are outrageous, esp when compared to other areas of the country. I'm in NJ; not too far from here, and while there are plenty of pricy places by me, nothing like this. And when I visit my mom in VA, dinner out is way less than it would cost up here.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    How do you get your grocery bill down to around $700/year? If I were to, 3 times per day, get what's (for me) an expensive meal at a truck stop restaurant, that lunch would pay to feed me for over 2 years.
                    I was exaggerating to a degree, but I rarely eat out more than once or maybe twice a week, only order takeout once in a while as a treat, and subsist on frozen foods and the like because I can't cook. My average "lunch" at work when I take a break consists of a butter crossaint, a small bottle of water with a tube of flavoring added, and maybe a small package of fig newtons or a fiber bar. Costs under $2.50 with my employee discount. I make very little money (on average under $12,000 a year), so I have to pinch pennies any way I can, so if I want money for luxuries like movie tickets, books and Blu-Rays, I have to eat crap. The money for that bill would feed me, if not for seventy years, then at least for a decade or more.
                    Last edited by Monterey Jack; 11-18-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Hell, the tip on that bill would have fed me for many months.
                      "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Wait, what??

The bill itself was outrageous ... albeit, they ordered that stuff knowing what it would cost. I was gonna comment on that, and then I got to the end of the thread where someone said they make about $1200 per year. I'm sorry, what? How the heck do you survive on that? I make $18,000 a year, get a small amount of food stamps ($70 a month for my family of four) and I cannot afford to eat out more than twice a month (if that, depending on what unexpected expenses we might have that month)!

I don't live in a city, but a rural area, and it's tough for me to make ends meet on my salary. Do you really only make $1200 a year, or was that a typo and it should be at least (I hope!) $12,000 a year?

I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that people can survive on that income.

Comment

Mind you this is in Euro's so in U$ it would be 145,254.=

Comment

Quoth corwin02 View Post
                            Mind you this is in Euro's so in U$ it would be 145,254.=
                            Well, yeah. Ya start throwing Jeroboams & Methuselahs of Dom around, things is gonna get pricey.

I was curious so I did the math, Monterey, and at our current budget, that first ticket would feed my wife and me for almost 13 1/2 years.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                              I don't live in a city, but a rural area, and it's tough for me to make ends meet on my salary. Do you really only make $1200 a year, or was that a typo and it should be at least (I hope!) $12,000 a year?
                              Yes, I just noticed the typo...it's $12,000 a year. To me, when I hear people complaining about having to survive on "only" $20,000 a year or more, I would personally consider that luxurious living.

Comment

Working...
                              X