Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the last two night here in NE WI have been like -10F with windchills of -25F. I do pizza delivery aftera while the cold does not bother me as I dress warm with layers. I am out in this shit allllllll night long and still get stiffed like you would not believe.

the funny thing is is about November when the temps start to fall into the lower 50's and uppper 40's the native's (people born here I am a transplant but have lived in the upper midwest all of mhy life) bitch and complain about HOW FRIGGIN COLD IT IS OUTSIDE. NO do not complain until you get to mid January (NOW) and the temp is 0 with a negative windchill and the snow is blowing hrizonally you big baby TWIT.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Boo Hoo. It was about -6°F when I came into work and it didn't warm up much. Wind chills are about -25°F or so.
      Quoth tollbaby View Post
      Dude, that's harsh LOL
      Yeah, but I bet I'd be laughing at him if he had to spend the summer in Albuquerque. Normal is around 100F, southern part of the state's even warmer!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
        Just hate the people that have to point out to me how cold it is and how sorry they feel for me. If they feel sorry/bad then why dont they go and pump their own and save some cash?
        Its summer where I live, and the weather is lovely (not trying to rub it in), but if one more customer comes in and says - its too nice a day to be indoors, I am going to club them with something.
        Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 07:44 PM. Reason: Edited quote

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
          IAs a native Floridian, I love temps in the 40's thru 60's. Perfect football weather.
          Grrrr - you are in Central FL with my mom. She's in Ocala. I called her this morning to complain that it was 2 degrees above zero. She then proceded to tell me about is going into the 50s today and had the nerve to gripe to me about it.

Can I smack both of you right now?
          Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 07:45 PM. Reason: Edited quote
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I guess we're having a heatwave then . . .

It's 24 degrees right now, but the wind chill makes it 15 and still some snow on the ground left from yesterday.

Not many people are out and about today, as I noticed this morning at the Kitty . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Yeah, but I bet I'd be laughing at him if he had to spend the summer in Albuquerque. Normal is around 100F, southern part of the state's even warmer!
              That does it, I'm moving to New Mexico.

*Holds up ALBUQUERQUE OR BUST sign*

Currently in the Tri-Cities area, it's 18 degrees. Melissa the Weather Mistress lied and said it was going to be 25 (granted, I haven't turned on the radio since last night).

I hate winter.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'm so glad of the gulfstream right now 52F, lovely. As opposed to 30F in moscow which is similar latitude.
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Weird. I've never been to a station that pumps the gas for you. That would be odd for me.

Though I did happen to see this guy who was filling up his car, with it running. That freaked me out.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                    I did happen to see this guy who was filling up his car, with it running. That freaked me out.
                    They leave their cars running when we pump the gas for them. Too much work for them to start it back up by turning the key.

Heck they even smoke while we pump. We had one employee who tried to tell them to put cigarettes out but our boss said we cant tell them not to smoke in their own car. I am tempted to ask the fire cheif one day what the law states on that.
                    Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 07:46 PM. Reason: Edited quote

Comment

When I worked in a petrol station, in my dim and distant teenage years, we saw an article from the paper that reprted a woman who lit up in her car in a petrol station and the fumes inside the car caused a conflagration in which she burned to death. That article was cut out and stuck in the window and pointed out to anyone we saw smoking in the car.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Wow...0 degree's, freezing, -40 degree's, you guys have it tough. Our idea of cold would be bathing suit weather for Blas right now, about 38-45 degrees at night. We are averaging in the low 60's during the day and around a low of 38 at the coldest part of the night/am. But alas we are southern california where we are big ole wussies when it comes to cold weather. I hate the snow (well having busted my wrist in a rather unpleasent incident involving ice, a porch, and a snowman years ago). I'll take 100 degree summers over 38 degree winters any day though. Even this cold jacks up my arthritis though (I can't imagine what the friged arctic crap some of you deal with would do).

Have some cocoa, coffee, whatever your poison is and warm the hell up quick like.
                        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

yeah, you guys have it easy, here is the spread for where I work, 27, 55, 22, 7... and I have to react appropriately to each of those numbers based on which hotel the person is calling... that 7 even though it's the lowest number I will say as if it is the best news ever because for the last week it hasn't even made zero, but the 55 I will say somewhat dissapointedly because last week it was in the 60s, and the 27 and 22 will be an eh, kinda what it's been (in case you were wondering that was New York, San Diego, Detroit, and Minneapolis).
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                            That's not harsh, it's just winter in WI.
                            I didn't mean the temperature, I meant his "boo-hoo" comment.
                            Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited quote
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                              That does it, I'm moving to New Mexico.
                              No, you don't want to move to Albuturkey....there's a reason I call it that. You'd be better of in Las Cruces (225 mi. south of here). Santa Fe's nice, the cost of living is higher, but the people are nicer.

Quoth digilight View Post
                              I'll take 100 degree summers over 38 degree winters any day though.
                              Even though we get 100 degree summers, we still have the cold (for us) in the winter. We had a cold snap last week and didn't get above freezing for about 2 days, with a lovely breeze to go along with it. Had 5 people die of exposure.
                              Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited quote
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Oh I'd give anything to be in the above zero temps right now! 30 degrees IS bathing suit weather
                                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                                X