Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rather, er...tasteless comment made to my co-worker...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rather, er...tasteless comment made to my co-worker...

My co-worker (cashier) dyed her hair bright red. She shared this story with me tonight. A guy comes up and as she's ringing him up he said, "Nice hair! But I'll bet you're not that color everywhere, are you? " When she looked surprised and didn't know what say, he said, "Hey, I'm a guy! It wouldn't be interesting unless I said that." Oh, and in other news, we had the police come due to a dispute between a few women and a......parking spot. *sigh*
    Last edited by Despina83; 01-20-2008, 03:18 AM.

Quoth Despina83 View Post
    Oh, and in other news, we had the police come due to a dispute between a few women and a......parking spot. *sigh*
    So who won? The women or the parking spot?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      So who won? The women or the parking spot?
      My bet is on the parking spot. It has concrete proof.

Despina83, Being a man, there have been times I have thought the same thing. Being a gentleman, they always remain thoughts. Your coworkers customer was totally out of line and should have been reported to your supervisor. No woman should be subject to this sort of thing. It's one thing to think that way, it's quite another to verbalize the same.
      Last edited by bigjimaz; 01-20-2008, 03:20 AM.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
        My bet is on the parking spot. It has concrete proof.
        *groan* Oh, I groaned out LOUD on that one, it was so bad.
        "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

My co-worker (cashier) dyed her hair bright red. She shared this story with me tonight. A guy comes up and as she's ringing him up he said, "Nice hair! But I'll bet you're not that color everywhere, are you? " When she looked surprised and didn't know what say, he said, "Hey, I'm a guy! It wouldn't be interesting unless I said that." Oh, and in other news, we had the police come due to a dispute between a few women and a......parking spot. *sigh*
          That only threw me off the first half dozen times I heard it. Sadly that sort of thing seems to be getting all to common.

Comment

Rest assured, not all of us men are such perverts. Just remind the next guy that anyone who needs to know that already does.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

It wouldn't be interesting unless I said that.
              "Huh, that's odd...now that you've said that to me, I'm not the least bit interested..."
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                "Huh, that's odd...now that you've said that to me, I'm not the least bit interested..."
                ZING!!!
                My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

you know, it''s crap like that that is making me lose hope in humanity...oh hold on. yep the almost empty light just flashed on. Damn.
                  We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Well ya know, I've always wondered on redheaded guys if the carpets match the curtains...........but I'd NEVER ask that!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
                      you know, it''s crap like that that is making me lose hope in humanity...oh hold on. yep the almost empty light just flashed on. Damn.
                      Hey...

THIS place is one big act of charity and fellowship. If that doesn't fill the tank, it'll get you to the next town..

Comment

OK, I want to hear the parking space story. Please share?

BTW, that guy was a real tool.

Comment

I would've said "Well, you'll be the LAST to find out. The Pope will find out before you do!!"
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My co-worker (cashier) dyed her hair bright red. She shared this story with me tonight. A guy comes up and as she's ringing him up he said, "Nice hair! But I'll bet you're not that color everywhere, are you? " When she looked surprised and didn't know what say, he said, "Hey, I'm a guy! It wouldn't be interesting unless I said that."
                            How is intimating, "I want you to know that I'm thinking about your pubic hair" interesting? Juvenile, maybe. It strikes me as the kind of unremarkable, obvious fact of anatomy that middle school boys are preoccupied with, along the lines of "boobies make milk" and "girls sit down to pee." I can honestly say that I've never thought about the color of anyone's hair. It comes in four or five different colors, none of which make any difference...what's to think about?

Maybe it's different for guys. Maybe they all still have that middle school boy in them that delights at having some knowledge of a secret area and the urge to giggle about it outloud, no matter how obvious or irrelevant that bit of information is. But for goodness sake, no one wants to hear about it.

Comment

Or just say "It stays this colour no matter where I am sir, isn't that obvious?"

Comment

Working...
                              X