Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rather, er...tasteless comment made to my co-worker...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
    Hey...

THIS place is one big act of charity and fellowship. If that doesn't fill the tank, it'll get you to the next town..
    true, unfortunantly the next town is usually one full of sucky customers and hooligans who will all siphon the gas and use it to water their flowers, leaving me stranded in the middle of the road, in a town of morons, and nothing cheery to look at.
    So if you need me, I'll be curled up on the ground crying in hopeless anguish as I wait for the day when someone press the big red button. That or I get abducted by aliens and give them eternal thanks for getting me out of their while there was still time.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

I wish I knew more about what went on in the parking lot, but all I was told was, "A dispute over a parking space." Apparently it happened in the store a few doors down, actually. There was one woman and her elderly mother standing inside our store near the front doors talking to one police officer for like 15 minutes. Our security guy and the mananger on duty also came out. I couldn't really make out what anyone was saying, though. It kind of seemed to me like the two women were afraid of someone who went off on them or something, and maybe were following them or something. But I couldn't tell what was going on. Hours later, when I left, it was late at night and there was still a police car (no lights or anything) sitting right out front, I don't know what that was about.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Well ya know, I've always wondered on redheaded guys if the carpets match the curtains...........but I'd NEVER ask that!
        The answer is 'yes' by the way...
        Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

When guys make perverted comments at me, I always drop the "my boyfriend was in desert storm" thing.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Well ya know, I've always wondered on redheaded guys if the carpets match the curtains...........but I'd NEVER ask that!
            Sometimes.

Well, I don't know about guys, but I've changed in enough girls locker rooms to know that humans are like cats or dogs: sometimes we're all one fur colour, sometimes the fur colour comes in patterns.

A common variation seems to be blonde up top and dark brown in other places, sometimes with blonde arms and legs, sometimes brown.

Reds seem to match more often with reddish-browns or blondes than pure-browns, and are rarely matched with black.

Blondes seem to rarely go with blacks, and most often are matched with light or dark browns with little red in them.

Strawberry-blondes match with reddish-browns or reds.

Black and brown tend to match with blacks and browns.

And, of course, some people are all the one 'fur' colour.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Um....thanks for the detailed info, Seshat.

Back on the topic of the SC - I can't believe there are people who still think those kinds of comments are appropriate. Its not playful. Its rude and aggressive.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                aagh, you just made me think of an old coworker in a way I never wanted to think of him

Quoth HereWeGo View Post
                I can honestly say that I've never thought about the color of anyone's hair. It comes in four or five different colors, none of which make any difference...what's to think about?
                ok, if you're talking about the hair on top of someone's head, yeah that is extremely important, don't ask why because I don't think anyone has an answer beyond, because it is.
                but what the SC is wrong because unless you are VERY familiar with the person the hair on their head is the ONLY hair you should be concerned with.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                X