This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnl Sanders

First post in a little while. One of my roomates got drunk and sat on our wireless router (idiot!)

It's been quite an uneventful week. Only a couple of stories I can remember.

Go Back to KFC!

This guy has been in EVERY day of the week, and I am not kidding you when I say he looks exactly like Cnl Sanders from KFC.

Monday

KFC: Hi, I'm staying in the hotel down the road, I'm here for ten days, I plan on being here every day of the week for food!
    Me: Ok sir, I hope you have a good time.

All was well.

Tuesday

KFC: My food wasn't that great last night. I've been in the hotel catering business for 35 years, you should do better!

Since when were we hotel catering?

Wednesday

I was off, phew!

Thursday

KFC: I was in last night and the food was cold!
    Me: Oh I'm sorry about that sir.
    KFC: I want my food to be piping hot when it comes out! It wasn't piping hot! Then one of your staff tried arguing with me about it, saying it was hot! Yes it was hot! But it wasn't piping hot!

Argh..go away!

KFC: And then I spoke with this girl...she was so retarded I'm not sure she can even speak english!
    Me: So...is there anything I can do about that sir?
    KFC: I just want you to know. Now can I order my breakfasts now?
    Me: What can I get you?
    KFC: Full English please!

I look at his table, there is someone else sat there.

Me: Just one?
    KFC: Yes, Full English!
    Me: OK, that will be £x.xx.

I go to take his breakfasts out, he is still going on about the cold food he recieved the night before. I go back to the bar, when I suddenly hear commotion.

I look, and I see a member of staff throwing him out the kitchen!

KFC: You only brought me one breakfast!
    Me: You only ordered one sir! I confirmed it with you!
    KFC: There are two of us! Doesn't it make sense that we would want two?
    Me: Why did you go in the kitchen?
    KFC: To sort your mess out! I do hotel catering you know!
    Me: OK, if you give me the money for the breakfast, I will sort it out.

I go into the kitchen. The cook tells me he burst in the night before complaining about his food.

I gave him the breakfasts and didn't go near him again.

Friday

I was off again, apparently he told a member of staff I couldn't understand english.

Saturday

Argh! He's having lunch!

KFC: That was great...for once! See you tomorrow.

Sunday

I'm working tonight nooo, please don't be in! Did he come on holiday here just to sit in our bar??

The other story

I can't believe the guy had the balls to do this in front of my manager.

The bar was busy, I know the SC is next, but there is ONE more customer before him. I am just about to serve him...the manager is stood next to me.

SC: If you don't serve me a pint of lager I am going to get VERY...FUCKING...ANNOYED...and then I'm going to teach you a lesson.

Manager goes to open his mouth. I beat him.

Me: OK sir, I'm just going to go call the police.
    SC: Why?
    Me: You threatened me, I'm calling the police.
    SC: You can't do that!
    Me: OK sir, then I'm going to come to your place of business tomorrow, and I'm going to teach you a lesson. Does that sound threatening?
    SC: Fucking forget it, the service here is shit.

Manager was stood there with his mouth open. He was upset, he said he wanted to teach the SC a lesson himself.
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 01-20-2008, 02:50 PM.

Wow..

At first I misread it, thinking you worked at KFC.. There I was, thinking "They don't serve Lager at KFC..."

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Me: OK sir, I'm just going to go call the police.
      SC: Why?
      Me: You threatened me, I'm calling the police.
      SC: You can't do that!
      Me: OK sir, then I'm going to come to your place of business tomorrow, and I'm going to teach you a lesson. Does that sound threatening?

Bravo!! You did what a lot of people who write here don't have the balls to do. He said he was at a hotel in the area, I'd have found out which hotel he was at and have him arrested anyways. If you can't beat em, jail em.
      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Manager was stood there with his mouth open. He was upset, he said he wanted to teach the SC a lesson himself.
        We should put that in "Things I'm not allowed to do at work":

-Not allowed to threaten SCs in retaliation in front of the manager. That's his fun.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oops I don't think I was clear in my post. The second story is a completely different SC from KFC.

Comment

KFC: I want my food to be piping hot when it comes out! It wasn't piping hot! Then one of your staff tried arguing with me about it, saying it was hot! Yes it was hot! But it wasn't piping hot!
            Next time stick a pipe in it.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

1. I want my food to be piping hot when it comes out!

2. KFC: That was great...for once! See you tomorrow.

3. Me: OK sir, then I'm going to come to your place of business tomorrow, and I'm going to teach you a lesson. Does that sound threatening?
              1. Where does the phrase piping hot come from? I have heard it before but not for a long time. Does it make sense to anyone? Its either hot or its not!

2. Well, Mr. Ass, if the food is so bad, why the hell do you keep coming back?

Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 01:25 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
              I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Wait, I'm confused. I see him saying "Full English, Please." What does that mean? It makes the story confusing and I'm not sure what we're talking about...
                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                  1. Where does the phrase piping hot come from?
                  I'm not entirely certain, but I believe it comes from when you made tea by boiling water in a kettle, the kettle would start piping at you (whistling) when the water was boiling, thus, you knew it was cooked enough.
                  *shrug* At least, that's what I think it is.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                    Wait, I'm confused. I see him saying "Full English, Please." What does that mean? It makes the story confusing and I'm not sure what we're talking about...

"Full English" is a type of breakfast, usually consisting of saussage, bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms and fried bread.

Wikipedia say http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_English
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      I'm not entirely certain, but I believe it comes from when you made tea by boiling water in a kettle, the kettle would start piping at you (whistling) when the water was boiling, thus, you knew it was cooked enough.
                      *shrug* At least, that's what I think it is.
                      I found this: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/283850.html
                      and this: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pip1.htm

Becky, I was also thinking "stick a pipe in it"... (actually, I won't say where CRML should stick that pipe next time...he can use his imagination. )
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                        1. Where does the phrase piping hot come from? I have heard it before but not for a long time. Does it make sense to anyone? Its either hot or its not!
                        In Scotland, ceremonial dishes of food are often brought to the table to the accompaniment of bagpipes, i.e. they are 'piped in'. This could easily be imagined to be the origin of 'piping hot'. It isn't though. The derivation of this little phrase is the sizzling, whistling sound made by steam escaping from very hot food, which is similar to the sound of high-pitched musical pipes.

Source

That said, the next time he comes in I would be tempted to serve his food cold, and not his definition of cold either.
                        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          (actually, I won't say where CRML should stick that pipe next time...he can use his imagination. )

Imagination is underused, IMO.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just to throw this in, by the way, the abbreviation for Colonel is Col.

Awesome response to the "lesson giver" by the way. Way to stand up for yourself.

Comment

and I am not kidding you when I say he looks exactly like Cnl Sanders from KFC.
                              You mean he looked like he had been dead for almost 30 years?
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X