This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pissed off (pun intended)

That's it. We're officially closing the public restroom. We don't serve food here and are thus not legally required to have one.

Some dipshit blasted jenkum into our potty, and instead of using toilet paper jammed the pipe with a soft-ball sized solid wad of paper towels! Instead of going down the tube, the toilet overflowed and covered the floor (literally the whole bathroom floor) with pisswater.

Whoever did it knew they fuicked up, too, because they departed quite rapidly from the store, so I couldn't hunt them down, rub their noses in it, and spank them with a rolled-up newspaper (i.e. make them clean it up).

Gabby and I had to clean it all up ourselves, Gabby got the floor and I unclogged the toilet, then we hosed down the whole place with disinfectant.

For the rest of the day, the public toilet is closed, and I'm going to make the case to the owner to shut it off permanently. I know this incident is hardly worth posting, but this is the second time this month we've had to clean up someone else's shit and the fifth time in the past two. It happens too often. No more.
    O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

That sounds like what keeps happening at my store. I feel so sorry for our one cleaning lady. She had to clean up the last two incidents. The one that happened Friday night wasn't as bad as the other incident. Some woman messed her pants, trailed the mess into the restroom, and messed the floor in front of the crapper instead of in it. I went in a few minutes after L (the cleaning lady) got all of it cleaned up. She did a good job. You couldn't tell anyone had crapped all over the floor. We talked for a few minutes while she was waiting for a cleanser to do its thing and she told me about what happened a few weeks before in the men's room.

Not only did a man mess his pants put he messed all over both stalls and stuffed his dirty underwear in the second toilet. It was bad.

I hope your case to the owner goes well Swordsman.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

I wish our bathrooms were just employee use only.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, we're going to appeal to the owner. I think we should have it so employees and people we know(regulars who spend money every week) are the only ones allowed to use the restroom. This is just getting out of hand. What idiot wipes with paper towels? And about 3 or 4 times a week, I go back there and some redneck didn't have the decency to do a courtesy flush. It's disgusting! They have abused their toilet priveledges and ruined it for all the good customers we have!
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Store1 stopped putting paper towels in the mens room cuz they kept ending up in the urinals and flooding the place. Now you just know people do that on purpose!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
            Whoever did it knew they fuicked up, too, because they departed quite rapidly from the store, so I couldn't hunt them down, rub their noses in it, and spank them with a rolled-up newspaper (i.e. make them clean it up).
            I would pay good money to see that, but I remember how when I worked in one grocery store you would get people doing messed up stuff in the bathrooms. the problem is people don't care in most cases if it's not their own bathroom. One place my roommate worked at had a guy banned from using the bathrooms because they would have to unclog the toilet with a wire hanger after he got done.
            Last edited by TWOLF; 01-20-2008, 08:15 PM. Reason: messed up
            I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

We haven't had any real disasters in out public restrooms recently. The worst was when crap got on the ceiling tiles and light covers. We still need to thoroughly clean the restrooms at least twice a day, with hourly general clean ups.

Comment

The worst was when I used to work at Media Play and the store was closing and went through liquidation. Not only did scum of the earth crawl out to shop in our store, but the bathrooms reached an all new level of gross-out disgustment. Many times each day, a manager braved the evil of the bathrooms with gloves, mop and bleach. People crapped up the walls, bled all over the floor (womens room, eww), etc. And worse, this happened almost HOURLY. The employees themselves shot over to the coffee shop next door who, bless their little caffeine-addicted souls, let us use their facilities without complaint. The liquidator (the guy in charge of selling all the remaining stuff in our store) refused to let us close the bathrooms, even after detailed descriptions of the horror. Fortunately, things died down a bit after Christmas (laid off at Xmas, o joy). But yuck, yuck, yuck. If a privelage is abused, it should no longer be a privelage.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

You know what I think?

I think that stores that have public restrooms....they should be completely public. As in, the public should have to clean up after themselves. No employee involvement.

Employees of course, get our own.
                  Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    I wish our bathrooms were just employee use only.
                    I wish people didn't behave like total uncouth savages in public bathrooms. Ruins things for those of us whose mommas taught them proper manners.

Perhaps the employees who have to deal with frequent bathroom disasters should photograph the seperate events, then when the bathroom is closed permanently, paste the photos on the bathroom door with a sign saying, "THIS is why we've closed the bathroom. Sorry you have to suffer due to other people's disgusting behavior." It might shame some of those jerks into acting decently. (Eternal optimist, yeah, I know.)
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's a great idea, XCashier.

Or, at the very least, always have a polaroid camera nearby, and every mess a customer leaves, snap a pic, and send them to the higher ups when they say "No, we won't be closing the bathrooms". That will be proof enough that customers are destroying the bathrooms.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Blas, good idea, but I think that it still wouldn't work because they'd need pictoral proof that it was a CUSTOMER who did that, and not some employee.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Blas, good idea, but I think that it still wouldn't work because they'd need pictoral proof that it was a CUSTOMER who did that, and not some employee.
                          Logically, why would an employee trash the bathroom that they have to clean up? But you're right, that is how the higher-ups think. Logic is as foreign a concept to them as it is to Sucky Customers.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ok here's the blas you all know that never gives up....

If you work in a store with security cameras all over, just for the extra added proof......snap a still photo of all employees at said time, to prove none of them were in the bathroom. Post the time and date. Maybe a polaroid camera wouldn't work....perhaps digital, since those can do time and date.

Oh believe me, if I believe in something enough and am passionate enough, I'll do anything and go extra miles to make sure it gets done.

That or if you have cool enough managers......just close the bathrooms and tell customers they are out of order. When they ask, tell them what another customer did earlier, and that it's a hazard to go in there.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Good news everyone!

I talked to the owner today, and our bathroom is officially "out of order"!

Our regulars and people we know are still allowed to use them, but no one "off the street" so to speak.

YES!!!
                              Check out my cosplay social group!
                              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                              X