Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I tell you to do something, you better fucking do it. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I tell you to do something, you better fucking do it. (long)

This happened last night. I was patrolling the lobby of our theatre, which usually sucks cause i have to do it all night. Any way I saw these two kids; African american, boy and girl, go up the steps to the upper level of the theatre.

Unless they have a ticket for those theatres, then they can' t really be up there. One of my coworkers was telling me that he had asked them 4 times to show him a ticket but they had ignored him.

So i follow them up and ask them to see a ticket

His response: We're looking for someone

Me: That's great, let me look with you.

Note: The girl never said a word during this whole story.

So I follow them and they use the elevator to go downstairs, I wait a few seconds to make sure that they don't just open the doors and pull a fast one on me.

Sure enough, they end up downstairs behind our other ticket taker. The following ensues and they eventually park it on a bench in the hallway

Me: Do you guys have a ticket to be back here.

Him: Man, I'm looking for my neice.

Me: We'll if you don't have a ticket you need to go to the lobby

HIm: Man, who's word are they gonna believe? Mine or yours?

Man, he really didn't go there did he?

Me: *scoff* Mine cause i work here.

Eventually the guy resorts to ignoring me. yeah that'll work.

I talk to a manager nearby and he says that they have to go to the lobby, i relay this message and he still ignores me. then my manager takes over and starts the whole shpiel again.

T (manager)

T: Listen, if you guys don't have a ticket then you have to go to the lobby, there's no exceptions.

The kid starts giving him an attitude. Bad idea.

T: Okay that's it. *grabs Radio* I need security over to theatre (insert #)

Fun fact: After a rather large altercation several months back, our theatre decided security personal on the lot is a good idea. We hardly use them, but when we do, look out.

T walks off to get another manager and I'm left with the two kids.

Him: Man what's the deal with this? I pay your salary. Isn't that how that works?

Me: *in my head* Bullshit dude

Me: No, not exactly (I read a thread here about this and I know how the system works)

Him: So if no one came here, you'd still get paid?

Me: Yep, pretty much.

By this point we have myself, T and two security guards surrounding this kid. T decides to try again. needless to say the kid gives him an attitude about the whole situation. T gets pissed, claiming that the kid is tresspassing, which he was, and goes to find M (out general manager)

Me: Dude, you should have just played ball with us, now things are going to get bad.

Kid just looks at me. Eventually M shows up and the kid sees that he's surrounded by 6 people. He's screwed, he knows it. So he tries to play it off to M that T was being rude to him and that he wouldn't listen to him because of it.

Translation: I'm gonna listen now that I'm out numbered.

Kid explains that he'll respect M since M is respecting him. So we end up walking the two of them out the door.

1: He pays my salary? That's good for a laugh.

2: Looking for your niece? I smell bullshit

3: Just go to the lobby when i tell you to. It's not that difficult of a concept.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Him: Man what's the deal with this? I pay your salary. Isn't that how that works?
    Not if you don't buy a ticket, you don't.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Actually CORPORATE pays our salary. You just pay the business not ME nor any other employer. Dumbass.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Exactly.
        "Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is." - Steve Martin

Comment

Quoth solidmetalgear19 View Post
          Me: *in my head* Bullshit dude
          Me: No, not exactly (I read a thread here about this and I know how the system works)
          Him: So if no one came here, you'd still get paid?
          Me: Yep, pretty much.
          Actually, if no one came to the theatre at all, you would indeed be out of a job. Customers do, in a very round about way, pay your salary.

However (before you all beat me about the head and neck for saying this), let me explain the difference between normal customers and sucky customers from a profit standpoint.

Sucky customers are often non-profitable and may actually end up costing the company. For example, SCs who are always demanding freebies or discounts are not contributing to your salary. In this case, although these kids didn't get anything free, there was at one point FOUR staff members dealing with the problems they caused. If all customers were this labour intensive, the theatre would need far too much staff to operate, payroll expenses would surpass revenue, and they would close down.

So even though your customers are the reason that you have your job, you are indeed correct when you say that this particular SC was in no way contributing to your salary. If everyone behaved like him, your theatre would be out of business.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            My thoughts exactly. Sneaking into a movie means you're doing the exact opposite.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              Actually, if no one came to the theatre at all, you would indeed be out of a job. Customers do, in a very round about way, pay your salary.
              You can say that, however...... while yes, if you want to get technical enough, continued patronage means continued employment and thus continued paycheck. So you can say the customer is responsible for a continued paycheck. BUT...... the simple fact is the customer does NOT actually pay his paycheck and he would still get paid if no one showed up, even if the job would not last long, he would still get paid. So he was quite honest and correct there.

Technically you can say they do, and technically I can say they don't, just depends how technical you want to get or how you want to technically divide it up. In this case, even if he WAS a ticket buying non-SC customer, you can still honestly say he doesn't pay your salary. He pays the company that pays you, but he himself does not pay you.
              Last edited by Velfarre2001; 09-24-2007, 04:38 AM.
              "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
              James from Pokémon.

Comment

Quoth Velfarre2001 View Post
                the simple fact is the customer does NOT actually pay his paycheck and he would still get paid if no one showed up, even if the job would not last long, he would still get paid.
                At which point, he would be laid off, so, yes, technically, the customer does pay the salary.
                No customers=no profits=no business=unemployment=unemployment insurance benefits paid for through employee wage deductions (and I think we've come full circle again) but, having said that, this was NOT a customer, as he did not buy a ticket.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  At which point, he would be laid off, so, yes, technically, the customer does pay the salary.
                  No customers=no profits=no business=unemployment=unemployment insurance benefits paid for through employee wage deductions (and I think we've come full circle again) but, having said that, this was NOT a customer, as he did not buy a ticket.
                  Like I said, depends on how you technically divide it up and how far you want to carry it. I DID say it could be said like that. I just want to throw it out there that at no point was he incorrect in his statements depending on how far you want to stretch it.
                  "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                  James from Pokémon.

Comment

Actually at a movie theater its the folks who buy a barrel of popcorn, a wadding pool sized coke, or a 47 dollar box of red vines that pays his salary. The money they make off ticket sales is so small and at times is non-existant. So just buying a ticket to a movie isn't helping to keep the doors open. Oh yeah...that guys a asshat scammer anyways...
                    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
                    X