This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Woot! I love the Wizards' Rules! They're disturbingly true. And I've used them to my advantage a couple of times, too. ;-)
    They're disturbingly true because Goodkind created them based on his own keen observations of real life.

The Wizard's Third Rule was clearly inspired by his keen observations of the way the female mind works.

And the most important rule, the Wizard's Sixth Rule, is the one I've tried to live my life by every day for as long as I can remember, since long before the first book in the Sword of Truth series came out. So there's definitely a powerful truth behind that Wizard's Rule, too!

Anyway, back on topic... here's an awesome installment of the comic strip Retail that fits in perfectly with this discussion:

CLICK HERE!

File that under sad but true.
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM. Reason: Changed hotlinked image to clickable link.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Okay, I give up...what the hell are the Wizard's Rules???

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Okay, I give up...what the hell are the Wizard's Rules???
        They're the rules wizards live by in Terry Goodkind's bestselling fantasy series The Sword of Truth. Best fantasy novels around, a definite must-read!

Click the link in the previous post to read all 9 that have appeared in the novels so far.
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
          They're the rules wizards live by in Terry Goodkind's bestselling fantasy series The Sword of Truth. Best fantasy novels around, a definite must-read!

Click the link in the previous post to read all 9 that have appeared in the novels so far.
          Eh, they're good, and the best SERIOUS fantasy I've read in a long while, but the best fantasy, PERIOD goes to another Terry. Terry Pratchett, that is.

The Discworld books are a sarcastic, satirical fantasy mirror to the real world that makes you laugh, makes you think, and can offers deep, rich, compelling characters.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Anyone who tries to tell me people aren't stupid needs to go watch people in a grocery store.
            Hell, I work at one. Endless stupidity.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X